Chapter 10

Kingdom of Hell
Micah's POV

"Nice place you got here," said Seth as we walked around the castle. "Excluding the fiery pits of death and the disturbing demons, it'd make a nice vacation spot." I smiled. It wasn't the best in terms of looks or accommodation, but it had become home to me in the few short days I'd been here.

Seth, however, had his heart elsewhere. I'd occasionally caught him staring up at the sky, sighing in his thoughts. I could tell he missed him; the angel that brought him here. But I also knew Seth wouldn't want to stay in Heaven with him. He has a dream he wants to follow on Earth. He's not willing to leave that behind.

"So, why do you like it here so much?" Seth cut through my thoughts, making me turn my attention back to him. He raised an eyebrow. "Well," I blushed. "I know it seems strange, but I really enjoy the company here. Especially-"

"Me?" My sentence was cut short by a teasing voice, my body tensing up as I turned to Lucifer. He grinned, my heart racing and my cheeks flaring up. Seth looked at him from behind me. "Speak of the devil." Lucifer sighed. "If I had a dollar for every time someone's said that..." I smiled nervously. Lucifer took no notice of this, and leaned down to match my height.

It did annoy me sometimes - the height difference. Especially when almost every person I see is twice my size, or when I have to raise my voice and practically shout everytime I had something to say. Everyone towered over me, even the smallest of demons six feet tall.

"Have either of you heard from Blondie yet?" Seth froze, his cool exterior becoming a nervous wreck. "N-no... I... I wouldn't be here if we had." Lucifer shrugged. "Just thought I'd ask." I shot him a glare, making him back away. Seeing my brother so vulnerable... It wasn't something I was used to. Not since our parents died. It made me uneasy and maybe a little bit guilty, for not being able to fix it.

---

"You shouldn't say thing like that when you know how he's been feeling!!" I reprimanded Lucifer that night while we prepared for bed. He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Yes, I know. I just wanted to get back at him for the 'speak of the devil' thing." I shook my head. "Sometimes I wonder which of you is  more childish."

I slipped on a too-big night shirt, sighing as it fell off my shoulders. Lucifer swallowed behind me, making my face blush. Because most demons had no need of sleep - even Lucifer only sleeping with me as a loving gesture -  Azazel had no sleep clothes for me to use. How he even got day clothes my size was a mystery in itself. I had resorted to borrowing Lucifer's large shirts, wearing them as nightgowns.

I came over, leaning into Lucifer's broad chest. I suppose that's a plus to the size difference; being able to snuggle into his chest, and lose myself in the folds of his clothes. Lucifer ran a large, warm hand through my hair gently, his breathing hitched.

We said nothing, sitting in the comfortable silence of the other's company. "You know, I really think he'll come to get Seth. The angel, I mean." Lucifer pulled me back, looking into my eyes before shoving me against the mattress. He studied my flushed face and lidded eyes, along with my exposed neck and shoulders. At that moment, I once again cursed the height difference. "Let's not talk about them anymore." Lucifer said, his voice barely above a whisper. He leaned closer and I closed my eyes.

Before I could register anything, Lucifer had placed his lips against mine.