3

The fox silently watches as the human girl's giggles reach his ears. He had found the human quite... interesting ever since he first laid eyes on her.

He watches until when she had probably decided that it's too dark to stay out and that she should head back home. The fox's eyes follow her as she walks through the door of her house and closes it.

He slowly stands up from his laying position and licks his fur clean from the sand before turning back towards the forest. Walking past the trees to his den, the clinging sound of the silver chain on his neck filled the silent night of the forest. His ears droop when the thought him came to his mind.

The human. His human.

The rough hands of the old man that used to cradle him to sleep. The comforting smell that the man's clothes gave off. The way he smiles every time the fox runs around him, hoping for him to take him out for a walk. The fox misses all of it. Ever since his human was gone, he had been alone. He had tried searching for a company, but all he got was either a claw mark on his body or a man pointing a gun at his face.

In the end, he gave up. He was too tired. Too tired of the cruel world. But a flash of hope lit up when he saw her. He doesn't understand why, but the vibe the human girl gives off is different. She's not like those huge, buff men; who could grab his neck and kill him instantly. The way her lips stretches like his human's, just makes him feel...

safe and secure.

__

"There's like, a whole family under that rabbit hole!" Taehee exclaims as she smiles brightly, and Hoseok's eyes lit up at her words; "Really?!" He asks as he moves his face closer to the Webcam. "You're not making this up?!"

"Of course I'm not!" Taehee laughs. She knows how much her best friend loves rabbits.

"Aww... But I'll have to wait for two more days..." The boy pouts. She sighs and sends him a soft gaze.

"Only less 48 more hours to go. Just be grateful that you can come to see me in person, Hobie-yah." Hoseok nods sadly, the pout not leaving his lips.

"Anyways, how are the oppas?" Hoseok slightly glares at her, " You called them oppa again. It's not fair! You never call me oppa. I'm older than you, you know?"

Taehee laughs at his upset form. She really likes teasing him, because he's cute when he's upset, and he never gets mad. She's been friends with him for almost her entire life and had almost never seen him mad.

"Aww. Don't be sad, Hoseok oppa! You know I love you the most among the boys!" Hoseok's frown immediately turns into a huge grin.

"That's better! But don't ever do that to the other guys, they might steal my best friend away from me." Hoseok's grin widens, making her laugh. As she tries to come up with another subject, her line of thoughts are interrupted by the roaring of thunders outside.

"What's that sound? Did something break?" Hoseok asks, worried. Taehee shakes her head and smiles.

"No. It's just raining cats and dogs outside."

And then, her eyes widen. "Oh my gosh, my laundry!" She stands up abruptly, her chair falling back behind her due to the impact.

"Sorry, Hobie! I'll call you back later!" She shuts her laptop off without waiting for his reply.

Taehee stumbles her way downstairs, running into things on her way. "Aish!" She grunts as she rubs her throbbing shin and continues making her way to the front door. When she finally reaches the door, she flings it open. She's about to step out when a low growl stopped her. She almost screamed.

It's the fox. It's fur wet, curled up on the carpet in front of her door.