102: Gathering of Lonely People

"To the north.... Japatu...."

"...Under the lake of Westwoods...."

"Hide, Japatu... Hide yourself."

"Hide yourself with everyone else...."

"....It's all on you now...."

Then the voice faded into the abyss of a forgotten past. Next came a voice that sounded like bells, chiming him awake. "So your name is Japatu?"

As he opened his eyes, crystal-like crimson eyes gazed at him. The white dusts in them continued to sway like snow that never seem to end up anywhere. It was strange for him.

Then he realized where he lay.

Lea was cradling him under the night sky. Her eyes glittered like the stars in the sky. And her pupil was like the moon. He could not help but compare the two.

He thought briefly and frowned his brows, remembering the moments before is collapse. "My kin......" He growled under his breath.

Lea bobbed her head and briefly closed her eyes in agreement.

"It was horrible than I thought."

["You've been running away for far too long, Japatu."]

"Can you hasten your plans?"

["I cannot say that would be easy."]

"....The Spirits in Sabrina could help. And I shall seek help from other places if that is not enough. All to eliminate them."

["If you can gather such might, why wait until now to start?"]

He was silent, but only for a moment. "I thought keeping as many as possible of our kind can hold off the destruction of the world."

["How?"]

"Spirits are not alike humans nor beasts. We are a will of essences that help regulate the life of living things."

["Interesting. Thus you wield such great influence to this world. But helpless in doing harm. How peculiar indeed."]

"...........We exist to keep things safe, away from destruction."

["No such thing."]

".........It is our duty..."

["It is not."]

He was silently gazing into her indifferent eyes, his mind was distracted by her confident replies. Then he briefly wondered about his existence that he learnt from his predecessors. "We ought to create balance."

["Maybe so, but that is arrogant of your kind to think you have to hold responsibility for what others have done."]

"...But we cannot leave things the way they are. Not only will every places be unsafe, but no one will be left alone."

She glanced towards the sky before heaving a gentle sigh. Her eyes reflected the beautiful night sky that only the two of them were lucky to quietly witness.

Without looking down on him, she replied. ["Indeed. The long history of our common enemy is not easy to eliminate, but I know just the way to fight against them."]

"If so, tell me."

["Unfortunately, the path I will choose might not be to your liking."]

He looked at her intently, hoping to catch a glimpse of anything on her ever expressionless face. Failing at it, he resigned himself in her cradle, as if it was the most common thing to do.