September 21 (Part 1)

"Go have fun with your fucking boy toy, hope he gives you the best fucking Sunday of your life, cause you sure as hell aren't getting another one out of me."

The words Camila had yelled at Lauren were ringing in her mind all night as she stared up at the ceiling unable to sleep. It was almost 4 by the time Lauren managed to successfully untangle herself from Camila's grip, tiptoeing out of the room quietly, glancing back for just a moment to make sure Camila was still asleep, silently promising to give Camila the best Sunday of her life.

Lauren continued to bring Camila flowers every night, continued to tell her she loved her every chance she got, and sent her random texts throughout the days with paragraphs on how happy Camila made her. When Camila would come home from school or work, Lauren would have dinner waiting for her and she would sit and listen to Camila tell her every last detail of her day. Lauren kept a tally in her mind of how many times Camila told her that a random stranger had come up to her to let her know Lauren loved her, but things still weren't what they used to be and Lauren decided she would never stop reminding Camila that all she would ever need was her.

For the last two days, when Camila wasn't in their apartment, Lauren was in the art studio that Camila refused to step foot in since the day she boxed up her books, spending countless hours in the room, fixing what she had broke, with only a small amount of help from her Dad; And Saturday morning when Camila was at work, Lauren waited patiently for the delivery truck from Ikea and when it came she set to work, only stopping to exchange messages with an antique shop she found a town over that had something Lauren needed and Saturday night, when Camila went with Dinah to a Sorority function, Lauren took the forty-five minute drive to meet with the woman she had been conversing with, a hundred dollar bill in her pocket and the hope that everything would work out.

Camila continued to tell Lauren she loved her, that she believed that Lauren loved her, but she still hadn't said the three words Lauren so desperately wanted to hear. I forgive you.

It was just before 10 when Lauren heard the shower turn on and she looked around the room at what she had accomplished in just a few shorts days and she smiled to herself as she placed the last book from Camila's many boxes back on the shelves her Dad had helped her hang. When the shower turned off, Lauren headed out of the spare room and made her way into the bedroom, taking a seat on the edge of the bed as she waited for Camila to come back from the bathroom.

"Morning," Camila mumbled sleepily, running a towel over her wet hair as she padded into the bedroom. "What time did you get up?" She asked as she walked over to Lauren and pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

Lauren bit her lip as she watched Camila drop her robe, rifling through her dresser drawers for something to wear. "I uh, didn't really sleep, but I left our bed around four," Lauren admitted with a shrug. Camila turned around to face Lauren, dressed in her favourite ripped white denim shorts and her Alpha Delta Pi shirt, with the word Little written on the back and Lauren sighed. "You're going out, aren't you?"

"I am," Camila admitted. "Chelsea asked me to help her with our homecoming float," she said with a small smile, her eyes refusing to meet Lauren's.

Lauren nodded slowly, fighting back her tears when she realized that Camila really wasn't going to give her another Sunday and with no one to blame but herself,  Lauren felt angry. She had a plan, a whole plan with breakfast and the spare room reveal. A whole plan that consisted of Camila spending part of the day writing while Lauren painted pictures for her portfolio. She was going to take Camila on a picnic at the park with Fish, they were going to fly the kites Lauren had purchased on Friday during lunch and then Lauren was going to take Camila for pizza and then to the observatory to look at the stars. She had an entire plan, but she hadn't stopped to consider that Camila's plans for the day didn't include Lauren at all.