Shattered Glass and Bail Money

**Alright, this chapter right here is my favorite chapter i've EVER written. Like forreal I was in such a slump and was like ugh idk what to write anymore. I just kinda lost all creation with this story and then all of a sudden this thought came to me and then I just literally started typing at warp speed. I hope you guys love this chapter as much as I do. STRAP YOUR SELVES IN BECAUSE 

 STRAP YOUR SELVES IN BECAUSE 

Aurora's POV

"I-I have to take the stand again?" I croaked out, immediately terrified. Troy was instantly on the defensive as he pulled me into his arms once again. I couldn't help but remember how terrifying it was the first time. Especially with the way that fucker's fancy lawyer was glaring at me as if it was my fault his late client was a fucking piece of shit rapist.

"Yes. I know how hard this is for you, but your solid testimony is the only thing left we need to seal this case for good and get you and your brother the justice that you both deserve. I've ironed out every single other detail, we just need you to tell the story one final time for the judge and jury. After that, the case will be closed and your brother will be a free man with a cleared name." He explained with pained eyes. Hearing that the only thing left to do was tell my story and I could finally have my brother back was indescribable.

He was the sole reason I chose to come to Alabama for school versus the other schools that I actually was granted scholarships at. After his verdict was set in stone and he was moved to the penitentiary here, I knew this was the only option I could give myself for schooling. I needed to be near him, even if I wasn't allowed visitation.

"Okay. It'll be...hard to relive what I went through all over again, but if it means getting my brother the fuck out of that place then I'll do it." I stated with a slight quiver to my voice. Knox nodded once and went to open his mouth, but a loud yell cut him off.

"KNOX! KNOX!" I heard Poppy scream from downstairs followed by a loud commotion. All of us shared similar looks of confusion before quickly making our way downstairs. The sight that met my eyes was one I knew wasn't going to end well. All of a sudden, my issue at hand didn't seem all that daunting.

Ellie sat on the loveseat, bawling her eyes out, while a man I've never seen before hovered at the living room entrance as he stared at her with a pained look in his eyes. Poppy stood in the middle of the room, almost as if separating the two, with a worrisome yet angry look upon her face.

"What's going on?" Knox questioned while looking between the two individuals skeptically.

"I..." Poppy muttered at a loss before clearing her throat. She shrugged her shoulders before looking at Ellie with sympathetic eyes. She swallowed visibly before wiping a hand down her face roughly. "Tell him, honey." She said, trying to be encouraging, but there was a tiresome tone underlying her words. Ellie sniffled a few times before shifting her gaze to Knox.

"Daddy," She started but he suddenly snapped his head to the side in order to glare murderously at who I'm assuming was his colleague that Ellie had described to me in her story earlier.