20 - Storm

"Is that okay with you, Reina?" tanong ko.

"Mmm!"

"Okay, then."

I left Nathan with her since we received classified missions from Sir Hideyoshi. It has only been four months since Nathan was born yet we couldn't take care of him due to the number of works we needed to do, especially now that the tension between Senshins and Shinigamis is in its peak.

"Naomi, where are you?" Mayu's image projected in front of me.

"I'm on my way."

"Okay."

Naging sobrang busy namin nitong mga nakaraang buwan dahil sa sunud-sunod na missions. I didn't even have the luxury to rest because of the preparations if ever a war breaks out. The Atama family has been given classified tasks by the Council and Intel department. We were sent back to our respective families or clans to request for their support, however, I wasn't able to travel because of my condition. I was given a month to rest after giving birth to Nathan and it was a hard time for me because Vince wasn't at my side.

Mayu welcomed me in her small laboratory, along with Hiroshi who was tinkering some piece of wire.

"How's Hiro?" she asked and I still couldn't get used to Nathan's alternative name. Those who were born in the campus were immediately bestowed with their alternative names to familiarize them easily.

"He's with Reina," I answered.

"I didn't expect Reina to like him."

"Me too." A smile was formed on my lips, "maybe she wants a younger brother and I think she's really good at taking care of others."

She gave me the letter that I need to give to my grandfather, the current head of Heren clan. Isang beses ko pa lang siyang nakikita at iyon ay noong umalis kami sa bahay para tumira sa campus. I was just five that time and I couldn't remember his face anymore.

"Sir Hideyoshi said you should meet him," sabi naman ni Mayu at tumango ako.

"Alright. Bye, Hiroshi," I said and Hiroshi waved at me while holding the tangles of wire.

Naglakad naman ako papunta sa office ni Sir Hideyoshi at halos lumabas na ang puso ko sa sobrang kaba. Matapos niyang humingi ng tawad sa akin ilang buwan na ang nakakalipas ay hindi ko pa siya ulit nakakausap na kaming dalawa lang. I stood in front of his door and just like what happened that day, it opened before I could even knock.

He was sitting on the couch and I strode towards his direction. Pinaupo naman niya ako sa tapat niya at agad naman akong sumunod.

"I'm sorry for giving this kind of task to you," he said in an apologetic tone. I promised that I wouldn't cry anymore after giving birth to Nathan but his words were stirring up my emotions.

"It's okay. We need them."

After what happened in Shima, I couldn't look or speak to any Council members anymore. They were the reason why my parents died, even after their clans joined the Senshin tribe, and the mere fact that they wanted to ask for their help made me want to throw up. I loathed them but I had no choice. I want Vince and Nathan to live in peace and the only way to do that is to win the war.

"I'll take my leave now—"

"Wait."

Napatigil naman ako sa pagtayo nang sinabi 'yon ni Sir Hideyoshi. His usual composure was replaced with a worrisome expression. For a second, I wanted to look at his mind but that might cause trouble to both of us.