September 21 (Part 2)

"You didn't know," Chelsea reminded Camila as they entered their second hour of attaching azure blue and white flowers to the Alpha Delta Pi homecoming float. "You can't best yourself up for not knowing that she-"

"She's been beating herself up all week," Camila replied with a deep sigh. "She's been trying, she's been trying and this morning when I looked into her eyes I realized that this fight is slowly killing her."

"You're not fighting anymore though."

"We aren't fighting, but Lauren is fighting to hold onto me," Camila said as she shook her head. "Because she thinks I'm going to run. She thinks she doesn't deserve me."

"Does she?" Chelsea asked curiously, eyebrows raised.

"I don't think our relationship is determined by who deserves who, it's based off of love and she loves me and I love her," Camila explained as she reached into the bucket for another flower. "That's what matters."

"She hurt you."

"And now I'm hurting her. Two wrongs don't make a right, Chelsea. She said she isn't mad at me, but I think maybe she was just saying that so she didn't hurt my feelings."

Chelsea looked at Camila with a smile, reaching out to ruffle Camila's hair, "She's not mad at you, Mila."

"How do you know?"

"Because she's right there," Chelsea laughed, pointing across the parking lot. Turning around Camila's eyes fell to where Lauren was walking with a tray of drinks, past the Chi Omega float, her eyes locked on Camila as her hand came up in a small wave.

As Lauren came to a stop, she looked at the float and laughed, "Got enough flowers on this thing?"

"You can never have enough flowers," Dinah said as she rounded the corner of the float with another girl in tow behind her. "Which one is mine?"

"Uh," Lauren said looking down at the drinks. "They're all the the same," she said handing Dinah two trays she had been balancing on top of one another. "Except these two, this one's mine and this one's for Camz." Lauren grabbed two of the drinks and stepped back as the ADPI girls working on the floats made their way over to Dinah, each grabbing a drink and thanking Lauren. "Chelsea I take it?" She asked looking at the girl who's arm was slung around Camila's shoulder. "There's one for you there too. I hope you like vanilla frappuccinos," Lauren shrugged, reaching out to pass Camila her drink. "Caramel for you though. I hope you don't mind my dropping by, I text Dinah to ask how many of you there were because I figured you were all pretty thirsty and-"

"Thank you," Camila smiled, stepping away from Chelsea who was sipping on the drink Dinah had given her.

"Yeah, thanks," Chelsea said with a nod, raising her cup in a fake cheers. "I'll give you two a minu-"

"Oh, I didn't come to interrupt," Lauren started, but Chelsea just shook her head.

"You're not interrupting, it was almost time for us to take a break anyways, take your time," the blonde haired girl said, reaching out to nudge Camila closer to Lauren before turning to climb up onto the float where the rest of the girl's were sitting in a circle talking aimlessly about the other sororities and fraternities floats.

"Do you wanna go sit over there?" Camila asked, flicking her eyes to the bleachers by the football field and Lauren was hesitant, but she nodded her head about to walk by when Camila reached out and laced their fingers together, leaning slightly against Lauren as they walked.

There was a silence between them as they sat on the bleachers looking out at the empty football stadium field and Lauren sighed loudly as she set her drink down beside herself. "Camz, I'm sorry I keep fucking up, I-"