Chapter Thirty Two

Blade made good on his promise and parked his Harley across the street in front of my house every evening since. He was joined by the idiots Jude and Luka who were watching the house like a hawk. I scoffed watching them through the windows acting as if they were having the times of their lives.

I wasn't ready to face him yet, not after the jerk kidnapped me, tied me to his kitchen chair and kept me there for hours, and I had barely escaped by the very skin of my teeth. I needed some time to think up something good before I went toe to toe with him again, so until then I'd decide to avoid the goon at all cost.

In the hallways at school, at class, in the parking lot, I had gone incognito and was always two steps ahead of him. Damn Ossey. That dork! How could he not sense something was amiss when my sworn enemy number one approached him asking for my address. What the hell was he thinking? That Blade wanted to send me a bunch of roses or an early valentines card.

Ever since Ossey told me how Blade had gotten the information out of him, I'd been doing impressions in my head.

How did a red flag not go off in Ossey's mind? The only reason he was still breathing was because Blade had gotten the information out of him before Ossey had found out about what had happened to the car. What a moron, and to think that he hadn't even for a second think I had something to do with it. Boys can be such morons even when they're smart.

Math was the first class on my schedule this morning which is a pretty crappy way to reign in the weekend. I dropped in the seat next to Ossey and Mrs. Reynolds the teacher busied about the class, cleaning the board before turning to face the class.

"Good morning class," she calls and everyone groaned an inaudible response similar to that of zombies.

"Books out," she instructs beaming, "we're going to do something exciting."

I scoffed loudly and Ossey frowns next to me.

"From now on we'll be looking at..." she paused for dramatic effect as if any one cared, "Circle Theorem," she announces happily and the class groaned it's disapproval.

She simply brushed it off and commenced her dreadful lesson with an ecstatic smile as if she enjoyed our pain and misery. I was hardly paying attention to anything she was yapping on and on about. It sounded like a bunch of the same old same old stuff we learnt all the time. Even after she warned that everyones full attention should be focused on what she was teaching half the class merely sat trance like half the stuff she was saying just entering one ear and leaving out the other.

"Are you just going to sit there and doodle all day?" Ossey asks.

"What else am I supposed to do?" I reply answering his question with a question of my own.

"Miss Nolan, will you pay attention?" Mrs. Reynold's voice calls loudly and the entire class turned in their seats to look at me.

I frowned at all the staring eyes.

"Where's he and how much should I pay him?"

A bunch of chuckles broke out and Mrs. Reynolds held my gaze.

"I don't assume you want a detention this early in the morning?" She questions and people held their breath while others snickered.

"If it gets me out of here, then why not?"

"Fine then you will report for detention," she says firmly, "after school of course," she adds before I could move a muscle.

Everyone turned back around in their seats without making eye contact and I scowled angrily and swore under my breath.