Home Is With You

(almost done.. am i rushing too much?)

He likes you. It's easy to tell, just by the looks he gives you when you're not looking. When he leans back in his seat and just stares at you with all the fondness in the world. It's easy to tell he's in love with you. 

But it's also easy to tell just how much you don't notice. How you'll brush off his more-than-friendly gestures as nothing but friendly. When you ignore the loving smiles, and longing gazes. You'd always shrug his hand off your shoulder, or subtly move away when he gets too close. 

You're too oblivious. Too naive. You're too lost in your own world to see he- we love you. You're too absorbed in your boyfriend to realize it's us who love you, not him. 

There's a lighter in my hand.

I- we- fell in love with you for your childish antics, your innocence and kind nature.
I flick the lighter on.
We love you when you wake up in the morning with bedhead and morning breath.
Stare at the flame, entranced with the dance it seems to be doing. 
We love you when you're so lost in your thoughts you don't even notice we're talking to you.
My head falls to the side as I become hypnotized with the orange glow radiating off of the flickering flame.
We love you even when you're with your boyfriend.
A gust of wind rushed through my open window, rustling the curtains and sending shivers down my spine.
We love you when you're too slow to realize we love you.
The flame blows out.

We love you for all your perfections and imperfections.
I flick the lighter on once again.

Why can't you see how much we love you?