Chapter Thirty Three

"I'm taking a day off!" I yell at Helen as she walked by my bedroom door, fully dressed and ready to go to the flower shop so she can bless people's lives with stupid scented bushes.

Her heels stopped tapping as she came to a halt.

"To do what?" she asks with a raised eyebrow and mistrust in her eyes.

"I'm allowed a personal day aren't I?" I quip, "or should I call in sick? Which do you prefer?"

Helen rolled her eyes in annoyance and I grinned.

"Fine, now answer my question."

"Ah... to keep my sanity," I reply with an even bigger grin.

"Oddly I was of the impression you had left it in the womb," she retorts savagely.

"Exactly my point."

"Mhmm" she says calmy thinking through her reply wearing a scowl.

"Just stay out of trouble," she adds after a while and walks away.

"When have I never been a disciplined child?" I yell after her.

"Out of trouble!" She warns and descend the staircase.

I closed the bed room door behind me still grinning and changed into something more comfortable. A baggy shorts with a shirt and pulled my hair into a messy pony before heading downstairs. It was some time before midday and Adam and Brett were occupying the living room couch. Humming, I made my way to the kitchen to whip up a snack and danced across the kitchen as I got all the ingredients for some Brownies. Mixing the batter then adding them to the oven I belted songs at the top of my lungs. Every few minutes Adam shouted angrily from the living room and I ignored him and continued yelling an off key version of Alone Together.

"WILL YOU SHUT UP IN THERE!"

I ignored Adam and continued belting. The oven dinged and I grabbed the mittins to get out my Brownies. I let them cool for a bit and poured some chocolate milk to go with it, then sat at the island. Relinquishing the happy moment I chowed down two pieces of Brownies mindlessly. Loud footsteps made their way towards the kitchen and I opened my eyes and swallowed the piece of Brownie whole.

"Don't you dare take another step closer pretty boy," I threaten not surprised to see the asshole in my house again.

Blade smirked and I grabbed a fork and brandished it threateningly at him.

"So you think I'm pretty," he chuckles.

"As a matter of fact I don't."

"But you just said it," he mocks and moved closer.

"It's a manner of speaking."

"C'mon Tink, no need to hide the fact that you find me completely attractive," he teases.

My teeth clenched and he smirked.

"Take another step closer Blade and I'll end you."

A mocking grin spread across his face as he continued moving towards the island.

"Why are you always so hostile sweetling?"

"Why are you stalking me?"

"I'm not stalking you," Blade replies as he reaches the island and leaned in across from me.

I pointed the fork at him and he merely chuckled at it.

"Oh you're not?" I ask amused, "So you didn't chase me around the school, camp outside of my house and now you're standing in my kitchen. Isn't that called stalking where you're from?"