4

Taehee keeps both her fisted hands on her chest as she carefully eyes the motionless fox.

She was still debating on her decisions, but the low growling of the fox had her panicked. She is scared out of her mind but still decides to take a closer look. She moves closer to the fox with her neck craned in attempt to see clearly. Squinting her eyes, she moves even closer to him when she saw some shades of red on its fur.

She gasps when she notices the cuts on his paws, and decides to bring him inside. She grunts as she picks him up carefully, trying not to hurt him more. She kicks the door shut and makes her way into the kitchen, placing the fox in the sink gently.

Not wasting more time, Taehee rushes to the bathroom, brings out her first aid and runs back to the injured fox. She opens the tap and gently cleans the fox, earning a few growls and barks at some point. After the blood and dirt were washed off, she dries him with a towel and brings him to the table.

The girl winces when she finally gets a clear view of the huge cut across his leg. "It must've hurt a lot..." She mumbles to herself as she cuts off the fur around the cut and applies medicine to it.

The fox turns his head to watch her for a while before turning back and closes his eyes.

After Taehee is done treating all of his wounds and bandaged them, she cleans the place and places the first aid back. When she returns to the kitchen, she pulls the chair back and sits down before the fox.

Her eyes roam around the fox and lands on the silver chain on his neck. Carefully, she leans forward to pick the pendant up. She quickly retracts her hand, however, when the fox moves a little in his sleep, but continues after.

"Jimin..." She reads what's engraved on the sterling dog tag necklace. Turning it around, there's another letter engraved on it.

P.  

She furrows her eyebrows and looks up at the sleeping fox.

"What... You had an owner?" She continues staring at him for a while, her mind a huge mess. Then, she shakes her head and ruffles her hair. All she wanted to do is sleep. She drags her own body up the stairs to her bedroom and throws herself onto the bed. Somehow, she manages to fall asleep very quickly.

__

Taehee shuts her eyes tightly when the sunlight shines through the curtains of her windows. She groans and twists around in bed --her habit that can never be changed-- not wanting to get up. After staying in bed for another half an hour, she slowly opens her eyes. 

"ARGHH!"

DUP

"Ahh..." Taehee rubs her head in small circles as she squeezes her eyes shut and groans from the pain. The fox jumps down from the bed and sits in front of her. He looks up at her with his big, glassy eyes, as if he's apologizing.

She opens her eyes and glares at the fox, " Yah. You can't just come into my room and jump on my bed like that."

The fox's ears droop, his glassy eyes slightly waver. Taehee's heart melts at the sight.

"I'm fine..." She reaches her hand out, wanting to pat his head, but she stops halfway.

Does he bite?

Suddenly, she feels fur against her palm. The fox had positioned his head under her hand. She hesitantly rubs his head gently as he closes his eyes, enjoying the comfort she is providing.

"Jimin... right?" She asks, removing her hand from his head. His eyes lit up and his ears perk up at the name. "That must be it then." Taehee chuckles.

"Come on. Time for breakfast." She says and stands up, proceeding to the kitchen. She stops halfway, however, when she remembers Jimin's paws. She turns around to find the fox trailing behind her, painfully slow.

Her heart aches. She walks back to him and gently picks him up, trying not to touch his wounds, and walks to the kitchen. Gently placing him down on the counter top, she sighs and looks at him,

"So, what do foxes eat?"

__

"I only have blueberries here, I hope you don't mind." She says as she puts the blueberry jar back into the cupboard and looks back at the fox. He is devouring the berries like he hasn't eaten in forever.

She crouches down beside Jimin and pets him," I need to go out and get some groceries soon, will you be okay alone?" Jimin turns to look at her and blinks. She smiles, "Okay then."

She walks up to her room and changes. Unplugging her phone, her eyes widen when the screen lits up and slaps her across her face with the notification.

(23)Missed Calls from 'Hobie Sunshine 🌞💕'