Chapter 13

I lay in the bathtub as Lydia washed my hair after Lucian had left to let me sleep some more. I knew she wanted to ask something but didn't know if she should so she was very quiet.

"He kissed me" I said. Her eyes sparkled.

"Really? Finally!" she said "How did it feel?"

"It felt..." I remembered when our lips touched the warmth that spread through my body and when our lips separated the emptiness and coldness that came with it. I wanted more "It felt good" I said.

"But you just kissed nothing more?" she asked.

"No"

"Don't worry there will be more" she said.

"Lydia?"

"Yes my lady"

"How does the first time feel?" I asked. She sensed that I was worried it would hurt and that I wouldn't like it. Just the thought of being naked in front of a man made my cheeks burn.

"Don't worry. I am sure his highness will be gentle since he seems to care for you" she said reassuring me "trust me no man would have waited so long for the woman to agree. He would have taken you whether you liked it or not. I was actually worried for you my lady but now that I got to see his highness I am sure he is a good man and will take good care of you."

Everything she said was true. He never denied me anything and treated me well. I should be more understanding toward him and try and get close to him but why am I afraid? Am I afraid of him? or afraid of myself around him? It's like I don't have control over my body and mind around him and his gaze and scent make me feel things I have never felt before.

"And you have to admit your husband is one very good looking man. I can see how the maids drool over him" she smiled "he must have a lot of mistresses" she continued but regretted it when she realized what she had said.

"I am sorry" she whispered with sad eyes "I didn't mean to..."

"It's fine "I cut her off "It's not like I don't know". This was just my fate as a woman.

After the bath Ylva came in and helped me dress up. I really missed the way she dressed me and made my hair. She knew my taste and what suited me best so she would always make me look beautiful, but this time she made me look even more beautiful.

"What is the special occasion today?" I asked.

"Nothing my lady. You should always look your best since you have such a good looking husband" she said winking at me.

"Thank you" I said as another maid walked in.

"Her highness? where would you like to eat your breakfast?" she asked.

"In the garden" it was my favorite place. Nodding she walked away. I stood up from my seat too look myself closer in the mirror. I was wearing a wine red dress with long loose sleeves but bare shoulder. It was tight around the waist and up but loose from the waist down. It had beautiful white patterns on the chest and at the end of the sleeves.

My hair was divided into two half. A straight lower half and a curlie upper half held up by silver hairpins.

"Your are amazing Ylva" I said satisfied with how I looked.

"As long as you are happy, my lady" she smiled.

I went to the garden where breakfast had been served.

"Has Luc..I mean his highness had breakfast?" I asked the maid.

"No her highness. His highness went to meet the crown prince, the king is unwell" she said. If the king is unwell I should go too I thought.