Chapter XIII

(A/N the pic on the right is the christmas dress )

‘Sirius? Is that you?’ A female voice asked snappily.

‘Yeah.’ He said back in the same tone and I stifled a giggle. He put my trunk down next to the stairs and we walked into the living room. I saw a boy with black hair sitting in front of the fireplace reading a book, I recognized him as Regulus, Sirius’ brother. In an armchair sat an older man reading a newspaper, which seemed to be the Daily Profit, and an older woman sat on another armchair also reading a book. They all looked up when we walked in and I faked a kind smile. I shook hands with Mr. and Mrs. Black and introduced myself before smiling at Regulus who just gave me a strange look. Well I don’t particularly like you either, I thought.

‘You’re excused to take your trunk upstairs.’ Mrs. Black said and I almost laughed ,but stopped myself by biting my lip, before thanking her and taking off down the hall with Sirius following me.

‘Are you finally going to carry your own trunk?’ He asked.

I huffed. ‘Of course not. Go donkey, carry my trunk up the stairs.’

‘Bitch.’ He laughed while struggling up the stairs with my trunk.

‘Look who’s talking.’ I called after him before following him. He muttered some more before I told him. ‘Less talking, more carrying. Come on, hurry up a bit. I want it upstairs before I’m forty.’ I teased. He stopped walking which made me crash into him, which almost leaded to my trunk falling down the stairs. ‘Watch it.’ I laughed. Then I saw his face. ‘What’s wrong?’ I asked.

‘I should’ve made Kreacher carry it.’ He complained making me laugh.

‘Aw, that poor elf! Don’t be lazy and just carry it.’ I told him.

‘There’s nothing “poor” about him. He hates me!’

‘He might hate you less if you were nice to him.’ I scolded him.

‘Never.’ He complained and I hit him on the shoulder. He put my trunk down in a bedroom. I looked around it. The walls were green and silver and so were all the accessories. It took me a huge effort not to say anything about it. I turned around to look at Sirius who was laughing. ‘Nice huh. All the green and silver and the Slytherin crest.’  I made a face at him and softly pushed him.

‘Is the whole house like this?’ I whispered afraid of anyone overhearing.

‘Yeah, except for my room. It’s the beautiful red and gold that represents Gryffindor.’ I smiled.

---- 

I was standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom which was next to my bedroom. I was getting dressed for the Christmas “party”. I was wearing a light blue, knee length dress. It had the same colour as my eyes and had a tutu like skirt.

My hair was in loose curls down my back and I was wearing some light make-up.  I walked back into my bedroom and put the light blue heels on. Then there was a knock on my door. ‘Come in.’ I said and the door opened. I turned around and smiled as I saw Sirius leaning against the doorpost. I sighed and walked towards him before straightening his tie. ‘I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, is it really that hard to dress properly.’

‘You look beautiful.’ He said with a smile.

My smile grew before I said. ‘Yeah, yeah. Flattery will get you nowhere.’ I pushed him out of the door.

‘Regulus, Sirius, your cousins are here.’ Said the snappy voice of Mrs Black.

‘And hell starts.’ Sirius whispered to me at the same time Regulus left his room. He was also wearing a suit.