Ch21

Asia Montgomery

School rolled around and I was now starting my senior year in high school. I was more than upset because Indya wasn't going to be attending school with me this year, she had just graduated last school year.

Now I was left walking to school alone because I refused to ride the bus with noisy and ghetto ass, overgrown teenage kids.

I shoved my phone charger into the small zip up part of my PINK bookbag, and flung it over my shoulder.

I yawned sleepily, regretting that I stayed up on the phone with Stokeley til 3 in the morning last night.

I closed my room door behind me and crept downstairs.

Instead of my mom being downstairs in the kitchen cooking a nice breakfast like she use to do, she was upstairs in her room sound asleep.

Every since my dad had moved out, my mom's been nowhere but in her room sleeping her depression away. When he left apart of her did as well. The house had been dark and out of shape but Indya and I tried our best to keep it together.

She had been missing a lot of days off from work and I was starting to worry. If she lost her job, everything would go down hill for us.

My dad had moved to New York with the same blonde haired chick he had brought home from work with him that day.

I tried not to think about it as much and pretended like it didn't hurt me too.

I walked out the front door making sure that it was locked behind me before making my way down the street, starting my journey to Maxberry High School.

When I arrived, I seen a lot of new faces I wasn't familiar with. Kids poured into the school entrance from left to right.

I made my way to the front office to pick up my schedule so that I could head straight to my first hour class. I didn't hang out in the halls or outside with a group of friends because I didn't have those.

I barely liked people.

Mya and Indya were the only two people I hung out with during school. When they were with their other friends, I'd just simply walk away. But now that Indya's gone, Mya was all I had. And she was probably going to be hanging out with her boyfriend half of the time since he enrolled back into school.

So, I guess i'd be alone this school year.

"Hi Ms.Montgomery, welcome back" The lady in the front office greeted as I approached her desk.

"Hi Mrs.West. Thanks" I smiled politely.

She fetched for my schedule then handed it to me telling me to have a good day.

I took it and looked down at my schedule while exiting the office.

Great, World History first thing in the morning.

I huffed and walked down the now crowded hallways. The first bell rung so I quickly found my way to Mr.Pitch's class.

I wanted to be the first one in class so that I could get the seat in the very back.

That class seemed to go by very slow. I was now in my Fifth period class which meant I was halfway done with the day and could finally go home.

I was currently jotting down the rules the teacher asked everyone to write down in composition notebooks. I could tell this was going to be my worst class, due to the fact that no chewing gum was the first rule on the list.

My phone vibrated on my desk and the LED flash, flashed causing me to take my attention off my notes and on to my phone.

I flipped it over and seen that I had as new IMessage.

Stokeley💗- better not be flirting with no other niggas up there, dont wanna have to fuck anybody up 1:21 p.m

I smiled down at his message and decided to tease him.

Theres a lot of cute boys here 🤔😍 1:22 p.m

Stokeley💗- bet. 1:22 p.m

"Rule number 4, no phones out during my class" The teacher said directly towards me.

I quickly locked my phone and shoved it into my bookbag.

I started back to write down the rules for the rest of the class period.

Class was almost over and I could feel someone burning the side of my face for what seemed to be like the tenth time.

Deciding to finally look over and see, I turned my head and seen a boy about my skin complexion staring at me.

He was very nice looking and that made me nervous.

He gave me a small smirk, and I quickly looked away. I closed up my notebook and shoved it in my bookbag just as soon as the dismissal bell rung.

I picked it up and slung it over my shoulder, leaving out of the class . I walked down the hall while texting Stokeley back.

Just as I was about to turn the corner I ran into someone sending my phone flying to the floor.

"Damn Asia watch where you going" I heard Red say.

"Red! What are you doing here?" I ask him while retrieving my phone off the floor.

I flipped it over and silently thanked god for it not being cracked.

"Going to class, what it look like?"

"You go to school here? You go to school period?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah. I transferred schools a couple days before school started back. My damn grandma making me go" He said not sounding too happy.

"Well ya look very educated" I said chuckling at his outfit.

He wore some tight cargo pants, with a white collard shirt, and a bookbag he wore over the both of his shoulders.

"Yeah yeah, the hoes like it though. Where the damn gym at?" He asked looking around.

"I was heading there now"

"Ohhhh shit, I got gym with Asia? Litty!" He said grinning.

I groaned and lead the way down the hall with Red following right beside me.
<>