35

Sam Wilson sat waiting in the courtyard of a bustling cafe, reclined in his chair with his back resting against the black steel fence. His phone sat on the table as he stared intently at the restaurant next to the cafe. Soon enough, a large group of men in suits walked out together. Two of them talked for a minute or two before they split up and half the group walked away. Now was Sam's opportunity.

Jasper Sitwell watched the senator walk away before he felt his phone buzz inside his jacket pocket. He pulled it out, his eyes scanning over the name, before he turned to the men behind him.

"I need a minute. Bring the car around." he ordered. Only when they were a safe distance away did he answer the incoming call from Alexander Pierce.

"Yes, sir?" he answered, however he was shocked to hear a voice that didn't belong to the old man answer him.

"Agent Sitwell, how was lunch? I hear the crab cakes here are delicious." Sam spoke into his own phone, his eyes never leaving the bald man.

"Who is this?" Sitwell demanded.

"The good looking guy in the sunglasses, your ten o'clock."

Sitwell spun around to look to his right but became confused when he didn't see anyone who appeared to be on their phone. 

"Your other ten o'clock." Sam sighed, exasperated with this man already. Sitwell turned and made direct eye contact with Sam. His eyes widened as Sam gave him a smile and nodded.

"There you go."

"What do you want?" 

"You're gonna go around the corner, to your right. There's a grey car, two spaces down. You and I are gonna take a ride." Sam instructed softly.

"And why would I do that?" Sitwell scoffed incredulously.

"Because that tie looks really expensive, and I'd hate to mess it up." Sam pointed out. Slowly, Sitwell looked down at his tie, noticing the red laser pointed in the very middle. He didn't know if it was from an actual gun or what else it could have been, but he didn't want to find out. So, he followed the man's instructions.

As Sitwell approached the car, he noticed a bulky brunette man leaning against it.

"Took you long enough." he complained in a low voice that Sitwell immediately recognized. 

"Sergeant Barnes?" he questioned, coming to a stop in front of him.

"Just get in the car." Bucky groaned as he spotted Sam approaching from behind.

"I'd rather not. Let's just talk about this, whatever it is, right here. Out in public." Sitwell tried to reason, a bead of sweat dripping down his forehead.

"How about you do what he said and get in the damn car." Sam warned him quietly. Sitwell nodded quickly and got into the car. Buck slid into the backseat after him and shut the door. Sam got in the driver's seat and started the engine. Sam drove the silent car for about ten minutes before he came to a stop outside of a tall building.

Steve, who had sat next to Sitwell behind Sam, grabbed Sitwell's arm and dragged him out of the car with Bucky and Natasha quickly following suit. Sam stayed in the car to get ready just in case they needed him. Steve, Bucky, and Natasha escorted Sitwell inside the building and over to the elevators where they rode up to the top floor.

Once there, Steve pushed Sitwell through a door labeled 'Roof Access', up the flight of stairs, and out onto the roof. Once outside, Steve roughly let go of Sitwell's arm, causing him to stumble to the ground from the sudden lack of force. Bucky and Natasha quietly followed behind Steve.