Chapter Seventeen: Masochist

"There you are Amber! I thought you already left the ball." Venus-sama said as she tried to regain her composure.

I shook my head, "You just don't trust me."

"Right!" She commented sarcastically.

"Speaking of, have you heard about what happened to Prince Zero?"

I suddenly turned stiff, "What happened to him?"

"Well, rumors spread that someone saw a young lady attacking the prince right *down there," She said before eyeing me suspiciously, "And that young lady, coincidentally has golden blonde hair and is wearing a mask."

Oh damn! That person who saw us has a loud mouth, huh.

I laughed rather awkwardly, "What? Don't give me that look. I am not that kind of person who will do such a thing." I choked in my own words.

Suddenly, Venus-sama smiled sweetly, "Well, then let's go meet the prince!"

I was suddenly confused,

"What?! What are you talking about?"

"Well missy, the prince ordered all of the young ladies with blonde hair to go and meet up with him to find out the culprit. And you..." She paused before pointing at my hair, "Is a very good candidate. Now lets go!"

Venus-sama then decided to pull me. With her inhumane strength, she successfully did. I couldn't teleport because i'll just bring her with me.

Damn, so news spread that fast, huh. And that prince didn't even bothered keeping that person's mouth shut and went with the flow.

"You can't refuse Amber, it's a royal order."

I rolled my eyes, "Is finding the culprit really that important? Is not like he's going to marry her or anything..." I mumbled sarcastically.

Venus-sama suddenly laughed. She laughed so loudly that tears are flowing out of her eyes.

"My my Amber! You really are clueless huh?"

I frowned, "What are you talking about?"

"You're certainly right! The prince made it a royal order because he want that young lady to marry him!"

"What?!"

She eyed me with a smirk, "What? You didn't know? Prince Zero is a masochist. Of course I wouldn't expect you to know that considering it's a secret that only higher ups will know."

My mouth went agape. I could feel my back is already drenched in cold sweat. My hands are shaking.

Masochist! Prince Zero is a masochist?! Why didn't I know that? The only character I know that is a masochist is Ethan Thorn! Which is his hidden attitude!

Man! I'm in trouble for acting recklessly. I don't want to marry that prince.

"Oh? What's with that expression? Don't tell me you're that young lady?"

I shook my head vigorously.

"Well then! If you're positive that you're not her then the prince's inspection will be a piece of cake!" She said as she continued to drag me out of the venue.

I only let her dragged me. If I didn't go and meet with the prince, then Venus-sama will be suspicious and considering her attitude, she'll turn me in without batting an eye. And if I did, there's a possibility that the prince will know!

But, considering there will be a bunch of young ladies that have blonde hair, there's a chance. There's still a chance for me to slip by his inspection.

When arrived at the venue, the scene that I saw made me panic.

There are only three! Three young ladies with blonde hair excluding me! Right now, the three of them are excitedly waiting outside the hallway, waiting for their turn to meet the prince.

Right at this moment, I am not wearing my mask from before.

What? I'm not an idiot that will reveal a big clue about ny identity!

"Neh Venus-sama, why are there only three of them?" I asked.

She looked at me wih one of her eyebrows raised, "You didn't know? Blondes and brunettes are rare in this world."

I looked at her in horror, "What?"

"Common color of hair are green, pink, honey brown, violet and the likes. Golden blondes and chocolate brown hair are rarely seen." She said with a smile.

"That's why after you returned back to normal, I was shocked at the sight of your hair. Your previous hair can be considered normal but now..." She paused before shaking her head.

A butler suddenly greeted us when he saw us standing at the far end of the hallway. He gestured for the two of us to sit next to the two young ladies. The third one already went inside.

"Please wait a moment. His highness is still inspecting Miss Chanel Lee."

Venus-sama nodded.

The butler suddenly turned to me, "Ah! Golden hair and blue eyes! What a rare combination. What is your name miss?"

I gave Venus-sama a look telling that I will not tell my real identity.

"Ah she's Amber Crystle. My adopted little sister."

The butler nodded, "Ah Miss Amber. The prince will be delighted to meet a maiden like you." He said before leaving.

I looked at Venus-sama, "Adopted little sister?"

She smiled, "What? I'm planning to adopt you in the future anyways."

Our conversation was cut short when the large double doors open. A petite young lady went out from the room. She has short pale blonde hair and her face is filled with tears.

"Ahh, it looks like Miss Chanel isn't the one. Miss Janet, please come inside." The butler said as he beckoned the next young lady.

Janet is a tall lady with her dirty blonde hair and violet eyes. Her face is average and she has an air of arrogance surrounding her.

She chuckled, "Oh my, it's my turn. Wish me luck ladies." She said as she smiled fakely to our side.

The only young lady left is a girl with reddish gold hair and red eyes. She's sporting a rather cute face that makes you want to protect her.

"Wait, what about Grandma Jill?" I asked when I remembered she has golden hair.

Venus-sama chuckled, "She came late when the scene happened so it's impossible that it's her."

I nodded. I stayed quiet while devising my plan.

The door suddenly opened harshly which made the people outside flinch. Janet went out, a gloomy aura is surrounding her. And in her hands is a dirty blonde wig.

"My, Miss Janet isn't obviously the one, huh. Okay, Miss Sunshine please go inside." The butler beckoned.

Miss Sunshine nodded timidly before going inside quietly.

After a few minutes of waiting in horror, the doors opened. I crossed my fingers and hope that Zero thought that Miss Sunshine is the one.

Immediately, Sunshine went running outside while covering her face which is covered in tears while shouting,

"Demon! Waah, I want mommy! I almost died!"

I gulped.

"Hm, so we're down to our last candidate, Miss Crystle-

"I don't want to go inside!" I blurted out in panic. I immediately covered my mouth.

The butler laughed, "I am sorry but it's a royal order. And if you're not willing to go, it means that you're the..."

"I'm not! I'm not! Okay fine, i'll go!" I said with a huff.

Well then, good luck me.