The Mansion

After spending 20 minutes at the plaza, with a crying Rem still in his arms, Oki decided now was a good time to head to the Time Tower. Getting up from the ground, Oki exited the plaza and headed south.

People looked on at the odd sight of Oki carrying a beautiful girl in distress, wondering what had happened. What had occurred to make the girl cry so much? A perished loved one? Maybe.

Oki kept walking, ignoring all the looks that came his way. Once in awhile he adjusted Rem in his arm so she didn't lay in an uncomfortable position. Oki had no idea where Subaru could have gone, but he did know that Subaru would not have left Rem. He knew for a fact that Subaru loved Rem so much that if she were just a little upset he would do anything in his power to lift her head up and show her the goodness in life. Subaru would never hurt Rem, not like this. Oki came to the conclusion that Subaru must be in some sort of trouble to run. He must have ran to keep Rem safe, out of danger, and out of sight so whatever wanted him focused on only him.

But even this was an unlikely explanation to Oki. Subaru was always nice to people Oki never saw reason for anyone to dislike him. So if he wasn't running from something threatening him maybe it was something he had to do?

"No, that can't be it." Oki thought out loud, unable to come to conclusion that made a lick of sense. Until Subaru came back, he would never know where he could have possibly gone and why.

Oki lowered his gaze to Rem. Her cute features and adorable nose reminded him of his daughter. He quickly brushed that thought aside. The memories weren't going to help Rem, he should only think of doing whatever he can to help her.

The Time Tower was still a few blocks away. Ken better be there on time.

Again, looking at Rem's crying face, Oki made a silent vow to protect Rem and keep her safe for Subaru. Oki knew that that's what Subaru would have wanted. Not that he thought Subaru was dead or anything. Oki just thought that with Subaru gone it would be expected of him to look after Rem. While she may have been physically strong, she wasn't mentally strong.

When Rem had grabbed Oki by the shirt, he observed her behavior. It was threatening, terrifying, and out of control. She didn't do anything real physical, but Oki sensed that she would have done something if she felt like it. Her mind was breaking, that's all Oki could tell. With Subaru gone any small thing might set her off.

Oki felt he had to be careful around her.

.

.

.

.

.

Rem woke up in the back of a carriage. She didn't remember falling asleep in Oki's arms, but she did remember arriving at the Time Tower and not being able to see Ken. The smell of alcohol was stuck in the air, making Rem feel nauseous. The sharp smells ripped at her nose threatening to change her skin green.

Rem opened the back of the tarp and exited the carriage. Finally escaping from the horrid smells, Rem took some deep breaths of fresh air. Once her nausea subsided, Rem looked around the area.

Rem was in the middle of a cemented area with fish carved into the ground. A building stood tall and proud, overlooking the city like a guardian on stationary patrol; the Time Tower. A huge crystal stood at the top of the tower, alternating colors evenly between blue and yellow. 6pm Water Time.

People were always in a hurry in this part of town, and especially at this time. Rem was in the Business District, the part of town that never slept because business never ended. No one paid any mind to the cart and ground-dragon just parked in the middle of where Rem assumed was off limits for carriages.