lxxix.

You stood there for a second feeling a little drained, but not nearly as drained as you usually felt when you used your powers before. The smoke had cleared and you looked behind yourself, the room full of angels watching in shock. Haziel pushed her way up to the front to grab your hand,

"Your power warding, the ones on your ribs, it's all gone." Haziel smiled, "You're ready."

"She's right." You heard Castiels voice say behind you. It wasn't Castiel. You were looking at the true face of Michael. He stood there in the middle of the hallway, "You are prepared for exactly what you were created for."

"I thought—you said?" You looked back at Haziel. She smiled confidently at you.

"Michael has ruled over Heaven for ages, ever since God left. And he has told so many stories, but the ones about you—your magnificence, I'm sorry I couldn't let you be separated any longer." Haziel explained.

"Maybe we should talk privately?" Michael suggested, snapping his fingers and all the angels left the room, leaving you alone with him in the conference room.

"What is this really about?" You asked him, staring harshly into his face. Not Castiel's face, Michael's real face.

"This talk has been a long time coming. And I know I've been a distant father—" Michael started and you were already over it.

"Distant? Try absent. Try: I went my whole life thinking you didn't exist." You said, forcefully.

"I know that! If that hunter you grew up with didn't take you from us. Hide you for years—"

"You have the whole force of Heaven on your side. Don't ever use my mom as an excuse for your failure." You said, so frustrated that a tear threatened your eye and a vein popped on your neck.

"Woah, hey hey. No need to get nuclear." He walked closer but hands up in innocence, "I want you to have everything I've had. I want you to see this vision, the one that I see beyond the Darkness."

"Beyond the Darkness? You're thinking that far ahead? Because as of right now, you're the only person that was there and you have only you, no Hand of God, no plan. There isn't going to be a Heaven to run!" You yelled, so confused as to how he could even be thinking like this.

"Yes, there will be. There will be, because I get what I want. And I want the world for me and for my daughter. You've seen what you can do. We will get the glory we deserve." Michael widened his eyes, freeing up more space to see the horrific excitement in his eyes. You coward inwards, your lips separating slightly to speak but closing it again.

"We don't deserve any glory. We're just a really messed up version of the Skywalker family in Star Wars." You spoke quietly now, "You are not God. You did not create this world, you may have protected it, but you do not own it. And welcome to free will, because humans do not owe you anything."

"I've changed. I know Dean probably told you all these things about me, how I felt about free will. I promise to you, I've had plenty of time to mull it over in the cage. But I promise, if you stand by me, when the Darkness blows over. Us: me, you, Dean, Castiel, and Sam. All of us will be that light." Michael offered you, "I'm not saying to forget about The Darkness, I'm saying be smart."

~

Dean was driving to back from the store on a grocery and beer run. When something hit the hood of his car and rolled over it, in a panic Dean pulled over to the side of the road as fast as he could and got out to see who or what it was that seemingly came out of nowhere.