~Chapter nineteen~

Adeline sat inside, flicking aimlessly through the Tv channels.

"Sweetie," Rylan's mum came downstairs. "You should get some sleep, it's late, he'll come back when he's finished." She told her.

"I know I should, I just... I can't sleep knowing he's down there again, especially after last night." She mumbled his mum nodded.

"he's very good at bouncing back, he's very good at dealing with it considering." She explained, giving her a hug.

She sat down on the sofa beside her. "I didn't sleep for the first week when he went missing. I fell asleep eventually. You never really get to grips with losing a child, especially when you're searching for him. I knew he was alive in my heart."

"Did they take him from his room?" Adeline asked, switching off the TV. Rylan didn't open up about his childhood.

"He was asleep, in his bedroom and he always liked to sleep with the window open... I wasn't so keen on the idea, but William persuaded me now and then because he slept better. We had gone up to the bed, and by then we had stopped using a monitor on his room... He was taken at some point during the night, no one was spotted on the territory, the border guards didn't catch anyone near the border at any point in the night... We didn't understand why they took him, he was only a boy. Children from around the surrounding packs were also taken"

"And you've never found any information since?" Adeline asked, confused at how a kidnapper can get away with taking a small child without anyone noticing, let alone multiple children from different packs, and organisation? She thought.

"No, we've been working with other alpha's and Luna's, but we've always had small leads, the warehouse we found him in had been abandoned. All the paperwork had been taken from the office and we couldn't work anything out because no would talk about it... They were too damaged to tell us anything, especially Rylan." She paused, thinking about it. "Then we found out when he found him that he had a vampire side in him, but we'd noticed it at home, so we assume they brought it out of him with the pain. He's never been the same... but I've started to see glimpses of my little boy now that you've been here... it's wonderful, Adeline... it is."

"I'm so sorry, it must have been so hard for you and I'm just here complaining because I can't sleep because he's not here... I don't want you to feel like I've taken him away from you, Mrs. Cooper." She said quickly and Susan shook her head.

"Susan, please. You don't need to call me Mrs. Cooper, it makes me feel old, sweetie..." She told her with a smile. "Adeline you haven't taken him away from me, you've brought him back... I know progress is slow, but he's already doing so well... To see you two together, it gives me butterflies... I love it. And he really does cope with it well... " She told her.

The door slammed open and Rylan's father stormed in with his son close behind him.

"Come on, Adeline. Let's go upstairs." Rylan told her and she nodded, she said goodnight to Rylan's mum before hopping up the stairs gently. He kissed his mums cheek, ignoring his father, and then followed Adeline up the stairs.

"Are you okay?" She asked instantly when he closed the bedroom door. He took a deep breath before turning around and kissing her roughly, both hands on her cheeks, pushing her back onto the bed and hovering over her. He needed this.

This wasn't a gentle kiss, he was needy and wanting, he deepened the kiss and moved his hand down to her thigh, bringing it up against his hip and going back with his hand to her behind. He had been struggling to stop thinking about Adeline since this morning, he wanted to touch her, to feel her body. He wanted to be normal man, able to satisfy a woman.

He squeezed her bum with excitement and moved his hips down, wanting her to feel his sudden arousal... Of which he wasn't even used to himself. It felt like hours as they kissed and held each other closely, sparks shooting through both of them vigorously.

Their tongues danced passionately, and he bit her lip gently, pulling away and starting the same assault on her neck and collarbone.

"Ry." She breathed out, closing her eyes and moving her head to one side, she felt his canines... She hoped it wasn't his fangs.

"Fuck, Adeline." He stopped, realizing they were probably going quite quickly. Odion and Lucius going crazy inside his head. He stayed where he was and took a few deep breaths.

Closing his eyes, he raised his head from her neck. "You're part of this family just as much as anyone else. He has no right to say anything bad about you to me."

"What do mean?" Adeline asked, composing herself. She sat up, was this because he was angry not because he wanted her? She felt hurt.

He looked down at her deeply. "He lectured me on how you're not part of this family, and how you shouldn't be getting close to me because I'm dangerous... I hit him." He paused. "I didn't do this just because I was angry, before you start thinking that. I've been thinking about you all day."

"What?" She asked, in shock that he had hit his father, his alpha.

"I've told him we're not waiting any longer, and that we're taking over soon. You're going to be a Luna, Adeline." He paused. "Properly."

"Don't you have to have a proper ceremony for that?"

"I need to speak to Brody. It'll be on the next red full moon, I have to make sure it suits Lucius and Odion, not just us." He said and she nodded.

"Well then... What do you want to do now?" She asked, stroking his neck and he just looked down at her, catching his breath, he was shocked at himself at how close he could get to Adeline.

"I would love to continue this, but it's probably best if I take a shower and we go to sleep." He swallowed and she nodded.

"Are you sure you're okay?" she asked, sitting up.

"I'm okay, sorry I was a bit... Rough." He said seriously and she gave him a look, he laughed and shook his head.

"I would have told you if it was too much." She assured him, she stood up and kissed his cheek, confidently placing her hand lightly over Rylan's crotch, trying not to startle him, making him open his mouth and close his eyes, gasping slightly at her unexpected touch. What a feeling.

"I'm sorry." She got embarrassed all of sudden and retracted her hand, covering her cheeks and jumping face down onto the bed.

"I like it when you're not shy." He admitted, raising his eyebrows and walking to the bathroom.

"I like it when you let me touch you." She rolled over, stretching. She laughed to herself. It was strange how close they were getting to each other.

He showered and came out of the shower in just boxers. He picked up a box and Adeline watched him from his bed.

He took out two tablets and took a sip of water, swallowing them in one go and sliding into bed beside Adeline.

"Dr. Isaac stopped me before I went with my dad and he gave me those tablets, he has decided to trust me. The tablets are going to knock me out, if anything happens you know what to do." He told her and she nodded. Kissing his cheek and snuggling up against his chest as he lay on his back.

"Goodnight, beautiful."

"Goodnight, Ry."