Chapter 33:

I've missed this. Thank you.

Alexia's POV:

White light spilled across the living room floor in bright squares. A thick blanket of snow covered the yard and the white crystals reflected bright diamonds of light around the room. Thick flakes trickled down lazily, and some clung in dense clumps to the evergreen branches.

    A warm fire crackled in the fireplace, but I still pulled the sleeves of my dove grey sweater down over my hands. Though it was a few sizes to big and loose by design, my growing belly protruded from under my sweater. The baby shower had only been a week and a half ago, but my bump was pretty noticeable. There was no denying I was pregnant now, but now that the pack knew there weren't many people to keep the secret from.

    After the shower we, Beck and I, celebrated New Years on our own. The pack was having a huge bash in the packhouse, but we both wanted a little time to ourselves. So I made dinner, he gave me a back rub, we watched a movie and ate chocolate covered strawberries in the loft and we watched the pack set off fireworks. We spent the night in pajamas, him being a dweeb with his new gadget and taking pictures and videos to show Peanut when he was older. The week after New Years was spent getting back to "normal" life. Preparing the house for the baby, Alpha work, Luna work, getting ready for my online classes to start, preparing for the baby, sending Will and Bella to a pack conference in Paris, sending out search parties to find Dante, and oh yeah getting ready for the baby.

    Oh Peanut. The shower had been amazing and our pack had been extremely generous to us, gifting us so many things for our little boy. Beck and the boys had started painting the nursery grey, and Lauren who apparently knows how to paint, painted soft clouds and stars on the ceiling. Because they'd be in Paris for about a month, it was likely Bella and Will wouldn't be here when the baby was born. Dr. Blake had given me another check up and he and his wife came over or lunch and Beck and I finally met Lindsay Sophia, who had bright emeralds for eyes and hair the color of hay. It was incredible watching Beck interact with the little baby, and i could tell just from the way that he looked at her that he was going to be an incredible father. That day he was sure to keep my belly in reach and to whisper to Peanut a little bit more than usual. Peanut's due date was February 12th, but he could come anywhere from a week before then to a week after or more. Because he was growing so fast, Dr. Blake warned us that we were at a higher risk for something to go wrong. So in about a week and a half I would be starting bed rest in my nest. Dr. Blake had allowed me to shift once under his careful supervision to allow Rhea some freedom and for her to build my nest. It was odd being in wolf form, but Rhea loved spending time with Beck, and then with Leo, who like Beck kept rubbing his nose against my belly. Some she wolves preferred to give birth in wolf form, but Beck and i both agreed that I should be in human form. I would be allowed to get up and walk, and sleep in my bed but most of my time would be in the cozy blankets and pillows of the nest. I was on vitamins, no more coffee, fruits and vegetables were a must, I had to make a log of my morning sickness, I had an ultrasound every three days, and I could not under any circumstances get too stressed out. So Lauren and Emma had been a big help in going to the prison reform meetings with me, organizing the library, and planning the Alpha's Gala.

    Ah yes the Alpha's Gala. A weekend long conference of all the Alpha's and Beta's of the Northern American packs that would be hosted here in about three days. The conference switches packs every year, but this year is our turn. Mainly there are many negotiations, some trials, treaties are written and the weekend ends with a huge ball, which we decided would be masquerade themed. I would be giving the Lunas a bit of a break and would be hosting lunches and tea parties and things. I hoped this would help me make some more Luna friends over the course of the weekend. Sia was sewing my gown for the evening, but with the rate my stomach was growing it was hard for her to accurately fit it, so for now there was a top and a skirt, but no middle.