Chapter 21: Because Frame pictures are Ideal to Throw at people

CHAPTER 21:
BECAUSE FRAME PICTURES ARE IDEAL TO THROW AT PEOPLE

Just as he opened the front doors to see who was ringing on the other side, Nikolas immediately closed them. Sighing, he only turned around and was about to walk away when the annoying sound of doorbell pierced his eardrums, mercilessly attacking his sense as he realized that it won't be stopping in a while.

Cursing, because he knew that Vincent was as stubborn as a five years old, he angrily opened the doors only to be faced with the mockingly smiling face of his father and two grinning pests behind him he wanted to kill.

"What?" he asked harshly, wondering why the fuck did Vincent bring those two sources of his nightmares.

"Merry Christmas, Nikolas!" he exclaimed, still wearing that now innocent smile on his face as Nikolas regarded him with care.

"Christmas was months ago," bluntly replying, Nikolas tried to think of an excuse to run away from those unwanted guests, yet before he could come with a proper plan, Vincent already took the initiative as he moved him aside and entered like he owned the place.

"Date doesn't matter, when family comes together it's always Christmas!" since when was Vincent fan of such ideology? He, who never in his life believed in decorating the Christmas three and once even burnt it when his wife made him.

Yes, not even Nikolas knows how he made it.

"And these two?" pointing at them like they were some unidentified creatures, Vincent fought back the snicker when Alis looked ready to bite off his finger.

"The more the merrier!" Bullshit! - is what Nikolas wanted to say yet before he could interrupt, Hailey interrupted him.

"Actually, we decided to come and celebrate you being discharged from the hospital and Alis getting a new hair. Your father agreed to it because he said that he didn't want to miss the fun and we already ordered pizza, so..." she let the thought hang in the air as Nikolas slowly, almost unnoticeably, raised his eyebrow.

"You, who sent me in the hospital want to celebrate me being discharged?" he asked, not believing a word they said. Moreover, it was Alis' turn to pull a prank on him and he had a zero trust in anything she would do or say. Especially if he was involved in any of those.

"Right! We are also celebrating not having killed you and hopefully you moving out soon," it was Alis who butted in, guilt of almost having killed him existed no longer - not since the moment she had realized that he had cut her hair.

"Aww, Hearty," she flinched at the terrible nickname he gave her on that fateful day, "No way in hell, I ain't leaving until I see your defeated ass crawling in defeat from you own apartment." The sincerity of his words and the pure smile on his face that didn't go along at all send shivers down Alis' spin, yet she shook it away before grinning.

"Ah, I know that there are people who dream big, but you my friend seem to have stuck in coma. Don't worry, I'll be sure to enjoy every single detail of YOU tucking your tail between your legs," imitating his last expression on her own face, Alis couldn't believe that just few hours ago actually thought that he was a decent man.

As of Vincent, he had long ago left them at the doors as he went to look for Charles without any of them noticing it and seeing it as potential chance, Hailey decided to sneak along with him and leave those two alone.

"What can you even do, you ugly midget?" he asked, his lips twitching as he fought the urge to grab and throw her out of window. She did poison him with Viagra and it was not something he could live with easily for the rest of his life. What if someone he really didn't like and was disliked by that person in return were to find out about that fact? Not only would they try to kill him as well, but they'd never leave him alone.