Unexpected

Fiddling with my fingers, I avoid making eye contact with the rest of the pack. All of them gathered in Scott's living room, awaiting the news I was going to tell them.

"Okay." I pause, sucking in a deep breath, "Stiles is the only one who knows about him but due to recent events I need to tell you all about him."

Stiles nods in reassurance, gripping my hand tightly from his spot on the couch. "His name is Lukas Anders. I first met him when I was on the run from another foster home. He hid me from the cops for a while. We got into some bad business and we got caught by the cops."

Everyone remains silent, watching me as I struggle to find the right words. 

"I was moved around for a while but I kept running in to Lukas. At the time I didn't think anything of it because..." I suck in a deep breath, looking a way from Stiles. "Because we were an on and off thing." 

"Oh. Great- that's awesome." Stiles mutters, releasing my hand to run it down his face. 

"Stiles." Lydia hisses, nudging him in the side. 

"I officially broke it off a year ago but he kept showing up wherever I went or when I ran away. And he found me here." I look down at my feet, scuffing them on the ground anxiously. "He confronted me and I finally found out why he's here... He's hunting the deadpool." 

"Is he dangerous?" Scott asks, scooting forward in his seat to seem more reassuring to his pack mate. 

I grip my left wrist, a phantom pain aching through the apendage. "I know what he's capable of. Murder... yeah he could do that." 

Stiles, as observant as ever, catches me rubbing at my wrist. He catches my hand, easing my grip and ushering me into a nearby seat. "Okay, so we have another assassin identified so that makes this easier. Right?" Stiles tries to reassure. 

"But do we know where he is?" Kira asks.

"I don't know where he's staying right now but we always found abandoned apartment buildings to stay in." 

"We'll start there. If we can catch him, we can figure out who's doing the deadpool and put an end to it." Scott nods. 

"Terra and I will go to the station and see if there are any abandoned apartment buildings that he would go for." Stiles decides. 

So with a plan set in place, the pack go there sepereate ways. Stiles and I go to the police station and the others back to helping Lydia decipher the other parts of the deadpool. 

The drive is quick. Neither of us wanting to speak about Lukas and events surrounding him. 

Stiles pulls into the parking lot with a screech. His car coming to a stop just before hitting haphazardly parked police car. We observe the bustling station and the over abundance of cars. 

"What's happening?" I asks anxiously, my nerves still fried from encountering Lukas and having to explain things about him. 

"I'm not sure. There usually aren't as many cars here." He glances to a black car that detectives usually use. A car that has never been in the police parking lot before. "We can ask my Dad once we go in." 

Nodding, I open the car door and waits for Stiles in front of the powder blue jeep. Stiles joins me swiftly, gripping my hand as we walk into the station. No one notices us right away but the energy in the station feels very tense. 

Shouting is heard from Sheirff Stilinski's office. Two silhouetted figures displayed through the slated curtains. 

Officer Parrish looks up from his computer where he has been hiding since the irate woman entered. His eyes widening when he spots us walking closer and closer to the shierff's office. 

He dashes up, his arm darting between us and the door. "You can't be here right now!" He hisses. 

"That's my dad in there!" Stiles answers, "Why is he being shouted at?" 

"Because of her." Parrish points to me. "There's a social worker here for Terra." 

.

.

not edited