Chapter Eleven

So, here's the thing. Normally, I wasn't a violent person. I'd rather be a bitch or make up fake interaction I had with someone to frustrate and confuse them into submission. That was just how I did things.

This, however, was not a normal situation.

I should have known that tackling a man of Kieran's size would be a mistake. I mean, his muscles were bigger than my head. You don't go after that guy. And if I didn't know before, then I certainly did now. I was quickly and swiftly put right back in my place.

I managed to impress myself by taking him down at all, but I immediately found myself being flipped over not even a full second after we hit the ground. His body hovered over me and he breathed out smoothly, not winded in the least. His eyes held mine, giving absolutely nothing away and I held my breath in anticipation. I was mentally preparing myself for death when he spoke.

"That is what I need from you at all times. I can always teach you technique later, but it'll be useless without that," he rumbled in a hushed voice that felt somehow intimate.

The curtain of his hair surrounded our faces, softly brushing against my cheek, making the position we were in feel all too intimate. An unusual feeling settled in my stomach that set me off balance mentally. I tried to recover and made the mistake of doing my breathing techniques. The smell of soap accompanied by a distinct earthy scent invaded my senses, making me fuzzy headed. His scent surrounded me, impossible to escape and I couldn't seem to shake it. I cursed at myself for feeling the small tug of attraction and automatically gave his shoulder a small shove.

"Off, big guy. You reek," I fibbed and wrinkled my nose dramatically.

He looked at me oddly and tilted his head. "No, I don't. I smell fine."

"Sure, Kieran. Now get off." I shoved his shoulders harder.

"Make me," he challenged, his eyes sparking with a suspicious light as he raised his eyebrow in a dare.

"What?"

"You're not deaf. Make me." He nudged me with his knee.

I scowled at him. "I heard you, but I'm not playing this game."

"Oh, it's no game. You're not leaving until you make me move," he said, very matter of fact.

"Kieran, knock it off. This isn't a cute way to teach me a lesson." I elbowed his arm and pushed at his chest; that turned out to be an unfair distraction.

He shook his head and tsked me smugly. "Echo, this is truly pathetic. You're not even trying."

Alright, I didn't care how pretty the man was. He needed to be taken down several pegs.

I shoved my knee forward as hard as I could but he swiftly moved his junk out of the way and I ended up kneeing his hip. The man didn't even have the decency to flinch.

"Are you serious? How am I supposed to get you to move? You're a giant," I complained as I stared at the ceiling in defeat.

"Figure it out. If you can't physically move me, then outthink me. Otherwise, we'll be here a while." He shrugged slightly, as if he couldn't care less.

"Aw, big guy, I didn't know you enjoyed my company so much. Honestly, if you wanted to spend time with me so badly, you could have just ask." I gave him a faux-sympathetic smile and patted his shoulder.

His responding look told me he found my personality exhausting.

"You can make friends, too, Mr. Grinch," I whispered, continuing with a straight face.

"Do you have an off switch?" He looked as if he was in actual pain and it almost made me smile.

"Funny you mention it. They actually messed up at the factory, so I don't. I like to think it makes me special. I'm better off without it, ya' know?" I rattled off instantly.

His brows furrowed and he stared at a wall as if to ask it for mercy.

"Hey, Kieran?" I asked, my voice shaky with genuine nervousness. If I did what I was planning then it could go a lot of ways and only one ends moderately well.

He looked down at me quickly, searches my face for a clue as to my change in demeanor.

I gulped uneasily and licked my lips subconsciously. I watched him follow the movement and freeze. I braced myself and went for it.

Now or never, Echo, my inner voice told me.

I timidly lifted my face towards his and he visibly stopped breathing. He watched me devoid of any emotion as I approached him. I paused when I felt his breath release directly against my lips and I closed my eyes involuntarily. When I couldn't seem to move I felt his lips brush against mine in a whisper of a touch and he settled his forehead against mine.

The silence ticked on by and I was starting to worry I had made a mistake when I felt his lips meet mine with a little more pressure. I met him with a little hesitancy at first but gradually gained confidence and pushed even further. My body arched into him and I grabbed at his shirt. He hummed and his arms circled me to bring me flush against him. I sighed into his mouth and I felt his lips tilt upward.

Bastard.

I felt his tongue caress my bottom lip before kissing it and giving it a little tug with his teeth. I panted heavily and, I'm ashamed to say, even whimpered. He growled in response and put more force into his kiss, like he was trying to leave a deliciously permanent mark in his place.

I explored him with my hands and went over his abs a few more times than necessary. I continued on to his back and ran my fingernails along his back as I went. He pressed into me even more if it was even possible and intertwined his hand into my hair, tugged slightly. I moaned despite myself and at that second I found what I wanted. I held the knife he kept on him in my hand and I was reluctant to stop all of this to finish out my plan.

I tried to roll us but he was a fucking rock. Wouldn't budge an inch. He started kissing down my neck and I turned to jello.

"Jesus," I breathed heavily.

He shook his head teasingly and he continued to my collarbone.

"No. Kieran," he said, an arrogant satisfaction in his voice.

I could barely think but I still managed to respond with a somewhat cheeky, "Gandhi?"

He kissed his way back up my neck and threw in a few bites that stung.

"No. Kieran," he huskily growled into my ear.

I hummed with a smile.

"Say it," he licked the shell of my ear and I shivered, my eyes falling closed.

"It," I responded automatically.

He bit my ear with a growl.

"Say my name, Echo," he ordered.

The man was even bossing me around when we were kissing. I would have found it ridiculous if I wasn't enjoying it so much.

I lifted my body up to his to whispered into his ear, "Kieran."

I pulled his supporting leg out from underneath him and rolled us before he had time to recover. I pressed his knife against his neck when he moved to switch us again and he sat back in surprise. We both stared at each other, each of us breathing heavily.

"So," I huffed out, still feeling incredibly frazzled, "how'd I do?"