Chapter 9

*James Pov*

I groaned, feeling on my left side and turned to lay on my back only to feel everything black when I opened my eyes. I placed the hands on my eyes to see a cloth was tied covering my eyes.

"What the hell!" I mumbled and immediately removed it to see the one behind this cloth blowing her hair.

"Why did you do this?" I asked, sitting up while rubbing my eyes.

"I was changing my dress as it was uncomfortable inside the washroom. I covered your eyes to not have any disturbance with the thought you may open them." She replied, shrugging and I got down from the bed.

In the morning itself, she drenched my mood and now sitting so peacefully near the small mirror, I had by placing a chair before it.

"I would have wished to poke them off completely though." She added and I walked near to her.

"Then I am feeling a disturbance because of this dryer." I said and she raised her eyebrow at me.

"So, why don't I make your head bald." Saying that I took her hair in my hands and pulled it before tightening the grip on it.

"Leave it!" she shouted glaring at me still looking at the mirror.

"Don't forget this is my house, the Swathi Guptha. Ask nicely, I may consider any request. Do anything like this again, the roof, we both will be living could be under the open sky, which I am used to but I don't think you are." I warned her before leaving the hair and stepped back.

I walked to the cupboard ignoring her startled look and took out my clothes before getting inside the washroom and locked it.

Turning the shower on, I stood under it while trying to forget the memories that entered the moment I felt the cloth over my eyes. No! Don't go to those thoughts when you have too much to think about.

I stepped out after taking a long time to see her suddenly sitting still with the makeup brush in the air.

"Even in a house you can't stop yourself from packing your face with all that?" I asked rubbing my wet head with the towel.

"Shut up!" she mumbled and put the brush back down before standing up along with holding her handbag.

"Where are you going?" I asked and she turned around as if she found a success.

"Why should I tell you? You are not taking the word husband so serious do you?" she asked in a mocking tone.

"If I did, then we both would be still in this bed." I replied back and she moved her hands as if to press my neck and gave a small scream of frustration before walking out of the room while I let my lips twitch.

I followed her and saw that when she opened the door, Maha was standing there holding a tray in her hands with a smile.

"Move!" saying that in a harsh tone she walked away while Maha glanced at me.

"She is still angry at me?" she asked entering the house.

"Yes! But not at you. What is it?" I asked, gesturing to the tray.

"Tray!" she replied, shrugging.

"It is the breakfast." She added when I gave a little glare.

"So, why is she angry?" she asked, sitting down in the dining chair while I took the other one after taking one plate from the tray.

"So many things, but the main one is because we have to share the room. She thought I would sleep in the living room. Why would I?" I asked and took a bite of the food feeling hungry due to not having the dinner.