8. What?

The next morning I woke groggy and irritable, my head aching. Louis noticed I wasn't feeling good and made me breakfast, I mumbled a thank you and sat down on the couch. The boys slowly woke one by one as the morning wore on. And by 12:00 I was feeling better and Zayn had finally woken up, but decided to stay in bed. 

“What's happening today?” Harry asked pulling on a shirt. 

“By 1:30 we should be in San Francisco and then at 2:00 we have an interview, at 9:00 we have our first show.” Liam said consulting a piece of paper tacked on the wall. 

“What is Audrey supposed to do while we are in the interview?” Harry asked sitting next to me, I scooted over to give him more room, but also not feeling comfortable having him to close. 

Liam shrugged, “I guess she can wait here.” He said sitting on the arm of the sofa. I pulled up my knees and rested my chin on them, not really sure what to do at the moment. Harry grabbed the remote and turned on the TV, a between show filler popped up and a young woman smiled for the camera. “Hi and welcome to ’Teen Today’.” She said, her attitude and voice overly cheerful. I looked up not really interested. 

“A lot of rumor is spreading through the world at this moment but nothing as interesting as this.” A picture of me and the boys popped up on the screen, it was from the day before yesterday when we where walking in the Stadium. We where talking and following Paul to the bus. 

“Rumor has it that one Direction has a new girl Touring with them this year. But who is she? Where did she come from? Your guess is as good as ours.” The woman said, the picture minimizing to the corner. 

“What?” Liam breathed. 

“Niall,” Louis said knocking on the bathroom door, “Come here and listen to this,” He said. 

Niall opened the door looking pissed, “What now?” He asked tying his sweat pants draw strings. 

“Come here.” Harry said beckoning him over. Niall walked over and sat down in Liam’s spot. Harry rewound the TV until it stopped where we turned it on, the woman coming back onto the screen. Niall listened closely until the show changed the subject. I was mad, not at the boys, or the to cheerful T.V. lady, but at myself. How could I just waltz in and tear apart everything they worked for like this? I should have just left when I had the chance, but no, I was selfish, and was in truth, a little desperate to find someone or someone's, who I fit in with. I buried my face in my knees feeling wretched.

Louis sighed and shook his head. “Well this is a mess!” He said running his fingers through his hair making it stand on end. I looked up from my knees, peeking at the guys. Liam had a worried look on his face, Niall sat with his face in his hands, Harry just sat there, and Louis paced the floor.

I looked away again, I had so many emotions and thoughts running through my head, I almost didn’t know what to do. I wanted to scream, hide, apologize, run, but all I could do was curl up. I sniffed, realizing I was crying.

“What’s the matter, Audrey?” Niall asked pushing a lock of my hair behind my ear. 

“I’ve ruined everything. I always do. I knew I should have left when I had the chance.” I said my voice catching. A hand rubbed my back making me wince a little, 

“No, Audrey don't think like that! You are our friend and we love you.” Liam said sitting on the edge of the bed. I looked up at him, taking in his sincere look. 

“But why? Why would you love me?” I asked, a tear sliding down my cheek. 

“What is there not to love?” Louis said his tone and face serious for once. I looked away, not wanting to start the list of my flaws.

“Audrey, we care about you because we can see inside. Your cute, shy, quiet and adorable and more, and that's what makes you special.” Niall said softly.

I smiled not being able to help it. These boys make me feel, they bring me to life. 

“You okay now?” Harry asked, Louis rubbing my back again this time a little more gently.

“Yeah.” I croaked, my throat still tight with emotion.

“Good, because this-” Liam pointed to the TV, “is nothing to worry about.” He said, smiling, though I could see the worry hidden in his eyes. I nodded agreeing with Liam's words. I sighed snuggling up next to Louis. I leaned my head the couch and closed my eyes, falling asleep in a matter seconds.