Ark: Volume 1 Chapter 2

Mouse Hunter

"Whew, it's a lot easier now that I've actually tried it."

Hyun Woo let out a sigh of relief as he got out of the unit.

Once again, technological advances were to be admired. The scenery, the people, and monsters in the game looked very realistic. The battles were overflowing with a sense of realism.

Although he had started playing the game for the sake of the recruitment test, he thought he might get deeply immersed and beyond. However, Hyun Woo could not afford to get blindly obsessed with the game.

The game was great, but for him, it was more important to get by. He was in a different situation compared to the other applicants. It was a given he wouldn't be able to feed himself and pay for his mother's hospital fees if he didn't work. He couldn't just give up everything and enter this 1 in 200 war with his life on the line.

'However, the game is just as important. I can't quit work, but, I can put the private academy on hold for the moment. Then, I suppose I can play more if I sleep less.'

The clock indicated it was already 2 in the morning.

The Hyun Woo who skipped lunch in order to set up the unit, fetched himself a carton of milk and sat in front of the computer.

He had underestimated New World.

After he had actually tried the game, he realised it was quite different from any other games. As a result, he felt the need to look up more information during his spare time.

Sure enough, within a span of a month, the game was the top topic that came up and dozens of related sites had formed.

There were sites that shared information with users; while the information was insufficient, it was good to thoroughly look over them just in case.

Hyun Woo went onto the sites and looked through the information.

However, information could only be understood if one had some background knowledge. Since he didn't know much, they were all Greek to him. At that moment, after clicking through the forums without much thought, the milk carton fell from Hyun Woo's hand.

"W-What's this?"

Hyun Woo moved his face right up to the monitor and read through the forum.

'Whoa, n-no way... Is this for real?'

Hyun Woo forgot about his fatigue and immediately entered the unit.

* * *

Ark entered Harun together with a hazy light.

"Stat Window."

When Ark hastily looked at the opened Stat Window, all colour drained from his face.

"My god! I-I was done in!"

Character Name

Ark

Race

Human

Fame

0

Level

1

Profession

None

Title

None

Health

100

Mana

100

Strength

1 (-14)

Agilitiy