81: Take Me With You

Traveling further north, Lea and her companions were led to a location where tall ranges of mountains surrounded a huge spot of area. 

Lea was then surprised to see the Elder use her essence manipulation. In one breathe, a huge grave was then revealed. As they approached, the engravings on the tombstone glowed. A smirk was revealed on the Elder's wrinkled face. "As expected. The King has been waiting for you, Priestess. It's been such a long time...."

And at her words, the path underground was revealed as the tombstone slid to the side. Long series of stairs were laid out by unknown mechanism, or it was likely the skilled essence manipulation of the Elder.

They descended with care as there were no railings to reassure their weight. Lea made sure she had essences ready for when something unexpected occurred, especially with Bright behind her. Contrary to her expectations, Bright proved to be more vigilant than she had ever seen him behave. Slightly pleased, she revealed a smile that no one noticed.

An hour later, the group marveled at the sight. With the Elder's ball of essence to light their way, a huge city was revealed. Buildings were made of stone. Much like the city of Gondor that Lea had read in her previous world.

"Similar to what city? Gondor? What is it about? But never mind that, oh... how I longed to see this wonderful city once again. 

"It survived the attacks of thousands of legions. Its structure meant to protect its people from invasions. My King was the best man of that time....

 My King was the best man of that time

"You are drooling." Thought Lea as soon as Ingrid stopped talking at the mention of the dead King.

"*Wipes* Oh wait, I can't."

Lea then focused her attention to her surroundings, and to the majestic city itself.

"There is river flowing underground...." Her tone had a tinge of bewilderment that made the Elder smile even wider. "Yes, it is connected from above. We had made sure to prevent it from destroying the city further by melting whatever flows underground. It became part of our essence training."

"Yes, I can now see how you have such skillful and meticulous control over your essence manipulation."

The Elder smiled a knowing smile. "Let's just call it magic, haha." Then she laughed a cute elderly laugh.

Relief awash Lea and Oliver. Now they can migrate the others to safety. ""Thank you."" They both simultaneously uttered, earning each other's amused gaze.

"Are you finally getting along with the Emperor?!! NO WAY.

"It is indeed true what they say; time heals all relationships. Oh wait, it was never broken."

Ignoring Ingrid's constant pester, Lea refocused.

"Haha... This is nothing to what the Goddess have done for us..." As she said so, her old eyes moist upon the history of how Ingrid came about. Her ancestors knew every detail of what the Great War did to the rest of the land. Others may refer to it as the Goddess War or Spirit War, but no one could deny how great it was. Nothing like it ever occurred again, and hopefully never.