15 : ours

Marbles | night twenty two

Paper cuts are painful,
It stings just like a blade
Like someone who's beautiful,
Will then slowly fade.

The moment that it drives,
Across your precious skin.
Will show you how our lives,
Are fragile from within.

Harry: I don't wanna die early. (sighs)

Louis: You're not, who even told you that?

Harry: I don't know. I just feel like it. (plays with loose string on shirt)

Louis: (smiles) Hey, just because you're the prettiest flower doesn't mean you're gonna die first.

Harry: So you're telling me, no one wants to pick me from the field? (raises a brow)

Louis: No. (smiles) What I'm trying to tell you is that someone already picked you. And before you start wondering who, then hello, my name is Louis.

Harry: Weirdo.

Louis: Listen, (clears throat) if I were to pick a flower on a field I'd pick the prettiest one. Then I'd take good care of that pretty flower.

Harry: That's sweet and at the same time quite horrifying to think about.

Louis: [silence]

Harry: I'm scared to die.

Louis: [silence]

Louis: Don't worry, in the end we will all die. We will all wither. We will all be fertilizers. (grins)

Harry: [silence]

Louis: Why so quiet?

Harry: [thinks] What if I die tomorrow?

Louis: (taken aback) You're not. (chuckles)

Harry: (serious) What if I do?

Louis: What do you expect me to do? (annoyed) I won't answer that, it's stupid.

Harry: At least, you don't have to pick up anyone in the middle of a road. Right?

Louis: [silence]

Harry: At least, you won't have to deal with stress over what's happening to me anymore, right?

Louis: [silence]

Harry: What would you do, Lou? If I were to never wake up tomorrow?

Louis: [silence]

Harry: This is your last chance to say everything. (gives small smile) I won't be here tomorrow.

Louis: This isn't funny. (starts feeling the tears)

Harry: I'm not trying to be funny. We'll never know when's the last, Louis.

Louis: [silence]

Harry: [silence]

Louis: I would do nothing.

Harry: (furrows brows)

Louis: I know youre confused, but–

Harry: [silence]

Louis: I'd hug you tight, then kiss you deeply. I won't touch you any other way. (pauses) I want it to be sincere.

Harry: [silence]

Louis: (sniffles)

Harry: Are you crying?

Louis: (shakes head) No.

Harry: You don't have to continue, I'm so– (gets cut)

Louis: Then I'd let you feel my heartbeat.

Harry: (confused) What?

Louis: (places Harry's hand on his chest)

Harry: Louis?

Louis: If you die tomorrow, (tears falling down face) I want you to feel my heartbeat tonight. Because this heart deserves another half; this heartbeat needs its soulmate. And if your heartbeat stops, my heart will continue to look for you no matter what. Our hearts beat the same like musical instruments trying to create the most beautiful tune; syncing on their most alluring rythm. (presses Harry's hand on chest) Do you feel that? That's for you. That's how much I love you. (tearing) I can't lose you.

Harry: (Moves to embrace Louis)

Louis: You can't die tomorrow. (kisses Harry) My heart will be lonely.

Harry: You'll never be alone.

- - - - - - • - - - - - -

n o t e | this chapter is dedicated to all those who have passed away, are mourning, and have been traumatized at the Manchester bombing. My deepest sympathy goes to all of you; Ariana and her fans.

Let us all lend at least three seconds of prayer, not only to what has happened at Manchester, but for all the tragic events happening in this world. To all the artists who are about to tour, and to all the innocent people who are yet to experience pain.

Always remember that love prevails in the end. ❤️

s o n g | In The Arms of An Angel - Sarah Mclachlan