A Natsu and Lucy Inspiration: The Dragon and The Princess

A/n: The inspiration for this story came from Lucy and Natsu from FairyTail, hope you guys like it!

---

Wouldn't it be strange if the princess fell in love with the dragon instead of the prince? Sounds strange doesn't it? Not at all, actually...

There once lived a girl named Lucy who was 17 years of age and beauty beyond compare. Everyone thought of her as a "princess". The reason? It's quite simple, it was all because she lived in a huge mansion with her father, who was a very successful and well-known bussinessman.

Lucy's mum was long deceased, it was just her father and their many servants living in the mansion. They power, fame and money. One would think they had it all, but they lacked one essential aspect which was LOVE.

Having wealth, status and power meant absolutely nothing if happiness did not fill the heart. After Lucy's mom had passed on, her father become much more interested in materialistic things.
Lucy, for years had been neglected and denied the love of her father and with each passing day saddness began to fill her soul. So she decided to run away.

Meanwhile somewhere in the town of Crocus was a boy, maybe a year older than Lucy, with pink spiky hair. He walked the streets quiet cheerily, which earned him a few stares from the town's people but he thought nothing of it. This young mans name was Natsu.

You see this boy is not your ordinary boy because long ago there existed a witch who often put spells upon babies who were born. Legend has it that she could not conceive a child so out of jealously she conjured up spells to curse these children with genes of mythical creatures and Natsu had been cursed with the genes of a dragon.

Somehow the people of the town found out about Natsu's mutation and they began to avoid him, he became an outsider. People detested and looked at him with disgust.

It was hard for him not to show that he was hurt and shattered on the inside but somehow he managed to conceal his true feelings. He put up a fake smile and acted cheerily around the town's people showing them that he did not care what others thought of him.

But so far we know his heart was filled with saddness, but there was a tiny shred of happiness within him; the fact that he had himself was reassuring enough, but not everyone can live in solitude all their life, now can they?

Lucy arrived in the town of Crocus, cloaked in mystery. She looked around and absorbed in the surroundings, the atmosphere was so much more pleasant here than it was at home. She walked the streets of Crocus mersmerised by the children running about, street vendors, street artists...well you could say just about everything even the finest of details, mersmerised her.

Suddenly her stomach rumbled signifying that the "Princess" was hungry. She bought herself some food and looked for a quiet place to munch it down. She arrived at the Cathedral Church and sat on a nearby bench.

She looked at her food with sparkly eyes but she failed to notice a presence beside her, only coming to realisation once she heard the sound of a rumbling tummy. She looked up and noticed a boy with beautiful pink spiky hair .

He faced her with his eyes closed and the biggest smile she had ever seen. She noticed he had relatively long canines, she looked on with bewilderment.Nonetheless she offered the young boy half of her food.

He happily accepted her request with a soft but audible thanks and began to munch down, smiling with each bite. This took Lucy by surprise, she had never seen anyone so content with such a small gesture. Nevertheless she began to eat aswell and eventually the two began to talk.

She felt a warm feeling within her, one filled with happiness and completion. 'Is this what love at first sight is?' She asked herself.

I guess this is the beginning of something strange yet beautiful. The world is definitely an amazing place when you're slightly strange.

---

A/n: Hey everyone, hope you guys liked this short story! Anyway, I'll try to get more oneshots up soon.

P.s I am truly sorry but I won't be taking any requests but if you want you're always welcome to post little idea's, which I may possibly use in the future.