C H A P T E R | T W E L V E

"WOW," SAID BOBBY, staring wide-eyed at the large building in front of him. The family had ridden from their hotel to Soho in order to go to some art museum.

Hermione stepped through the doorway to see a giant room filled with abstract paintings and sculptures. Aunt Betsy pointed out a particular picture she wanted to rent for this party she was throwing once the reunion was over. Hermione rolled her eyes.

Then Gran spoke up. "I don't know what all the fuss is about, Americans spending millions of—er, dollars, right?—yes, dollars, on canvases with paint splattered on them. Enough of this modern art, I want to see some actual artwork, not this modern foolery. (A/N: I mean no offense whatsoever to any abstract artists, this is just something to get the plot going along, you'll see!)

So, the family made their way into the realistic art section of the museum. Everyone milled around for awhile, until Matthew's voice could be heard, shouting, "Hey! Guys, come look at this thing!" He was immediately shushed by Aunt Helen, but had captured the others' attention nevertheless, as well as a few strangers.

The Swan family and friends made their way over to where Matthew, Bobby, and Brandon were looking up at what had to be one of the ugliest things Hermione had ever seen.

It was a sculpture of a person, but a horrible looking one. It was sitting forward, alert, as though caught by surprise. In one hand was a deck of playing cards, in the other was a potato chip.

Hermione looked at the plaque next to it. The sign read:

The Poker Player
The Next Step Forward In Ugly Neo-Realsim
Created by Sally Jackson

Percy and Annabeth finally joined everyone, after Hermione's step-cousin was able to drag him away from a picture of what seemed to be... Hermione craned her neck... the Greek gods. Percy was laughing when they joined the group, and Annabeth wore an amused smile, also.

Percy's laughter stopped abruptly when he saw the sculpture. He stared at it for a few seconds. Then his laughter renewed, this time even worse than before. Bobby and Matthew joined in, then Drake, and eventually Renesmee, whose laugh was inhumanly beautiful. It wasn't until Grandpa snorted and Gran giggled that everyone, even the Reynolds, joined in, completely amused by the ugly statue.

Hermione noticed Annabeth look at the plaque that held the statue name. Her eyes widened when she got to the bottom of the sign. Annabeth looked at Percy and asked,

"Is that him?" Percy nodded happily. Annabeth's question caught the others' attention.

"What do you mean, 'Is that him?'" asked Aunt Betsy.

"Oh," said Percy. "My mom made that statue." Hermione glanced down at the sign, rereading the 'Sally Jackson' part. "Yeah, and the critiques and all of those artsy people wanted her to make more, but she only made that one to get money for her to take writing classes. She's an author now. Maybe you've heard of her? She wrote that new book, Falling." (A/N: I totally made that up.)

All the readers of the family (pretty much everyone except for the Reynolds) gasped, even Renesmee.

"That's my favorite novel," said Edward. "It's bound to be a classic."

Hermione, despite being impressed that Percy was the son of one of her favorite authors, turned her attention away from the conversation and looked back at The Poker Player. The look of horror on the face was so intense that she shuddered, and couldn't shake the feeling that the eyes were looking right at her.

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling does. I do not own Twilight, Stephanie Meyer does. I do not own Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan does.