★ Chapter 12: His Support ★

After he had driven nearly over the speed limit to the park, Grillby dashed out of the car and began his frantic search for Sans.

He jogged nearly at every corner of the park, and effortlessly—and without an option—illuminated the area around him thanks to his composition of fire that made up his entire body.

Soon, Grillby finally spotted a short skeleton, sitting on the bench by themselves.

It was him!

Grillby smiled for a small second, happy and relieved he'd finally found him, but that didn't last long.

He sprinted as fast as he could and called out Sans' name in between his heavy breathing.

"Sans! What happened?" Grillby panted, taking a seat next to Sans and leaning in closer.

There was a worried look on his face, one that made it clear how much he cared.

Sans wiped away his silent tears away and took a deep breath before thinking of an answer.

"honestly... i can't tell you now at the moment but i'll tell you in the car later. i-i just really want to get out of here..." he spoke, words falling into a murmur that quivered with anguish.

Grillby stayed quiet for a moment, unsure of what he was about to do, but once thinking more into it, it wasn't such a bad idea.

He hugged him.

Sans' eyes teared up once again.

Grillby's hug was warm in every sense speaking of, and it really did feel good, too comforting actually, and it almost made Sans want to let go his tears.

He felt vulnerable, but he didn't care.

In Grillby's embrace he felt safe to let go, he felt like he was protected and loved.

Without a second thought, Sans buried his face into Grillby's shoulder and hugged back with a tighter embrace.

Tears began flowing out.

The two of them stayed like that for roughly five minutes, and let go of each other once Sans' crying had stopped.

"Hey... Let's get out of here." Grillby smiled comfortingly, rubbing Sans' back before getting up and gesturing him to follow him.

Sans stood up.

He felt weak, tired.

It hurt.

—•ღ•—

In the car, on their way home, there was a thick silence burdening both monsters.

Grillby had a frown on his face.

He felt the need to know of whatever it is that had happened to leave Sans in this condition.

He didn't say anything about it, but he did definitely notice the exaggerately lower magic levels of Sans, it was pretty obvious.

He was worried, and there was a sick feeling in his gut.

He'd never seen Sans so vulnerable and distressed.

—•ღ•—

Sans occasionally threw glimpses at Grillby and avoided eye contact.

What he did was pretty darn stupid, and he did feel pretty ashamed of it.

He knew he should have told him, but telling him could have led to a FIGHT or an even worse outcome he didn't dare speak of.

It could have been Grillby instead of him.

Earning enough strength and bravery to speak up, he confessed.

"it... it was chris..." Sans wrapped his hands around himself.

Oh that name.

Grillby took a deep shaky breath, clenching his fists around the steering wheel.

"i know what i did was stupid, i literally walked into his trap. it's just that... it's just that he just won't stop fucking threatening the people i care about if i don't do what he tells me to! that just leaves me with not much of an option, and i... i don't know what to do anymore, you know... i can't defend you or anyone including myself; he took away my strength, my magic." Sans explained, his voice filled with shame.

Grillby was honestly pissed off.

That fucking little bitch! he thought, the urge to bang the steering wheel and scream filling his mind.

However, he knew that wasn't the best reaction he could give.

He kept his composure and set that burning fury aside for Sans.

He loved him so much, and he didn't want to scare him or make him feel like he'd just made a mistake when he placed his trust in him to tell him.

"You're forgetting something important, and that's that it isn't your responsibility to be the only one looking out for us. It's ours too, it's everyone's because that what people who care for each other do, we protect each other. You just need to tell us when you need support, we'll always be there for you. I myself will always be there for you." Grillby reminded, smiling at Sans whom was crying happy tears already.

Both giggled.

"tibia honest, if Christopher takes all of our magic, we'd pretty much be close to getting boned." Sans rubbed off his tears.

"What suddenly got you all fired up with those humerus puns?" Grillby snickered.

"your puns really tickle my funny bone!" Sans grinned widely.

i love this man

"Now enough with the puns!" he groaned, face palming as inevitable laughter came out of him.

"what grillbz? this is just a warm up to get the puns going."

At this point, the two of them were wheezing.

Their way to go home didn't turn out so bad in the end.

—•ღ•—

Edit of December 2, 2018:

This is the biggest transformation of a chapter. I doubled the number of words and changed up basically almost everything. The concept is still the same though, Grillby comes to the rescue. XD

I added so much fluffy stuff to the chapter.