Love Of Remorse

Y/N knocked on the big door in front of her with steady beats. Stepping back a little, she blewout a breath she didn't know she was holding in. With excited eyes, she patiently waited for the person to open their door.

"Oh, Y/N! It's nice to see you!" Her grandmother exclaimed pulling her into a bone crushing hug. Y/N came from the riches family in Los Angeles, California. Everyone knew who they were. It was a good and bad thing. Y/N didn't want no part in their wrong doings.

"Hey, gramdma. How have you been?" She asked stepping back from the hug that was slowly killing her. "You know me, all I do nowadays is shop and talk to Chester like he can actually respond." Mentioning her old Löwchen. Those dogs are so expensive. "Come in. Everyone is waiting for you." Stepping aside to let you walk in first, you placed your right foot on the landing before freezing from seeing all of your family members you haven't seen in years. What are they doing here you wondered. Some were sitting and others were standing down in the middle of the stairs in the little opening.

"I've called everyone here to discuss something very important." Your grandfathers voice has such authority to it. You had no choice but to pay attention. "Someone has been spying on us and getting the cops involved with our business." From the tightness in his jaw you could tell he was angry. "I feed everyone in this city and this is how they repay me? By messing with my money?" Shaking his head, he looked straight at your cousin that was always causing trouble. "You've brought the cops into our family business because of your own selfishness?"

Your cousin hesitantly shook her head yes. Without batting an eyelash, he pulled out his small pistol he keeps tucked in his trousers and shot her in between the eyes. You could hear her mother crying but you couldn't look away from your cousins now lifeless body.

This is what happens when you're apart of this family. You kill or die. If you couldn't follow orders to kill someone, you die right along with them. Money was messing? Everyone had to pay.

This family was a mess. When you first graduated high school, you knew you had to get away. So you did. You went away to college and never came back until now.

Hours passed and you found yourself at the dinner table sitting between your aunt Diane and your little cousin, Harmony. You hated how everyone just went about their day like a family member wasn't just murdered in front of them.

"Y/N, Keith asked about you a couple of weeks ago." Your aunt Diane whispered to you.

Softly smiling, you tried to hide your shock. No one in your family knew about your relationship with the Keith Powers from the Powers family besides Diane. She was the one that helped you two sneak around in High School.

It was a everlasting rivalry between the two families for many years. It's shootouts on sight. Your family is the riches in LA but the Powers family is right behind you and your grandfather will not let them take that title no matter what.

-

Keep or delete?