Shattered Plans

(What should Kakashi's Mangekyo sharingan power be?)

A/N

I wrote this while listening the Unravel - Tokyo Ghoul's opening / Hatsume Miku. So sorry if the chapter's English is bad, it's hard for me to write properly with blasting music.

And it's so... THE FEELS.

Uh- Enjoy.

Black.

Kakashi drifted in it for a while, mind numb as slowly he felt hands gripping his legs. He looked down to see Obito and Rin there, smiles wide and inviting. He relaxed, eye lids closing.

Maybe I can just... Rest.

And suddenly they flickered, Obito becoming his adult self with his murderous look, Rin disappearing completely into dust. His eyes snapped open and suddenly the inky abyss wrapped around his ankles with people he spent his nights worrying over.

Sakumo gripped his wrist and Kakashi was horrified as the man started bleeding from his mouth with crazed white eyes. And then Kakashi was in his child's body, tears threatening to leak from his eyes.

"O-Otou san-!" he choked, and watched as a tanto struck his father's body from behind. Sakumo stiffened and slowly became black sand.

NO! NO!

Then Naruto was above him, holding out his hand. Kakashi desperately tried to reach the golden light and then-

He was in blank field, everything...

Red.

The bodies started piling around him.

And Kakashi screamed, gripping his head, as the scenes of his loved ones dying replayed over again and again.

Madara stood over his writhing body, sharingan opening his fragile memories again.

Shattering him.

...

Hiruzen stared at Sakumo in shock as he spoke 4 words.

"Kuraiton is my son." the man whispered. Jiraiya stiffened beside his teacher.

"What... Do you mean? As in, Kakashi?" Jiraiya gave a fake dry chuckle but it fell as he saw Sakumo's crestfallen face.

"... Seriously...?" Jiraiya muttered, unfolding his arms. Sakumo slowly nodded, eyes staying fixed to the floor tiles in front of him. Hiruzen grit his teeth, wanting to ask more but withheld, knowing the man was exhausted. 

"Sakumo, you may have a break - however long you want, till you want to start searching for your son again." Hiruzen spoke after awhile. It was risky, letting one of the top fighters in Konoha of duty, but he couldn't let his sensei's son push himself.

(In this story Tobirama is secretly Kakashi's grandfather lmao. But Sakumo - like Naruto, was not allowed to know about his father for safety reasons.)

Sakumo nodded numbly, walking out of the room. Jiraiya watched his childhood friend drag himself out of the room, the door closing after him.

"As for us, we start immediately I guess?" Jiraiya raised an eyebrow at his teacher.

"Of course."

...

Sakumo sat in the bathtub, not moving a muscle as freezing water fell from the shower head above him. Karasu still hadn't heard or the news, how was he going to tell her...?