29 : shower

Louis' House | night forty five

It burns my skin;
I am fine.
It dulls me thin;
Little wine.

Water dripping clean;
You were mine.
Drowning where I've been;
Crossed the line.

s h o w e r

Louis: (turns shower on/crying) (takes beanie off/soaking himself and his clothes under the shower)

Tess: (knocking on door) Louis, please open the door. We can talk about this.

Louis: (whispering) Everything counts. Everything counts. Everything counts. (starts sobbing/falls to the ground)

Tess: (crying) Open the door Louis. You can't do this to yourself.

Louis: (starts screaming in despair) I'M TIRED! I'M TIRED! I'M TIRED! I DON'T WANNA DO THIS ANYMORE! (continues to scream)

Tess: (slams hands on door/crying) Louis, please. You can't give up like this.

Louis: (curls up on the flower/shower still on) It's time Tess. It's time to tell Harry the truth.

Tess: (crying) You promised me we'd only tell him if you– if you. (breaks down)

Louis: No more promises. (sobs) I want to see Harry. I want to tell him the truth. Everything counts. (pauses) From the road, to Marbles, up to this house. From who I am, who you are, and who he is. Everything counts. Before everything gets lost again.

Tess: (sits on floor/leans back on door) No more secrets. No more lies. No more broken souls.

Louis: (sighs) I can't lose him, Tess.

Tess: (breaks down) I'm sorry. (tries to hold the sound of her cry in)

Louis: (smiles) He can't lose me. He needs to remember.

- - - - - - • - - - - - -

s o n g | Sick of Losing Soulmates - Dodie Clark

advance trigger warning
to all of those who'll read the next couple of chapters. all three chapters will be dealing with a sensitive topic (suicide/self-harm) that may or may not affect others. Please be aware of your own being.