Chapter 10

*Maheshwari Pov*

"Done!" I mumbled in relief before placing the breakfast for him on the table, even though I know he will not have it.

Like yesterday and the day before yesterday all his plate of food would be mine magically. I am so sure after these two days of his nature against my food that I am preparing only for three and a little extra if I feel hungry. Well, why waste food?

I thought seeing the empty plate of both breakfast and empty mug, he would have lunch I prepared, but then a knock from a delivery guy holding his lunch forget my assumption.

I rushed out holding the tray and placed at the small slab present before the Di's house and knocked. I would have waited like yesterday, but I am in a hurry so I walked off knowing well like yesterday both will have it.

However, the minute I took a step the door opened and Di walked out of it with a frown. She glanced at the tray and then at me before giving a look behind her.

At the same time James walked out giving me a nod, but continued to the tray. He picked the plate and immediately started having it just standing there.

"Amazing food, Maha." He said and I gave a small smile.

He picked his mug and started having coffee while I turned to see Di frowning at me. I gave a small smile to her too, but she continued to frown.

"You are not a servant Maha. Why are you cooking us meals?" she asked, frowning and I was about to open my mouth but we both heard a cough.

"You... are saying... that?" James asked with an astonished tone to which I pressed my lips so that I will not laugh seeing the way Di fuming at him.

"You! Just go away. You said you have to leave early and rushed me out of the washroom." Di pointed out to which he shook his head and walked away towards the main house.

"Di! These both always have everything from a restaurant near their company it seems. I have to cook for myself, then what is there if I cook a little extra." I said smiling.

"Fine! I can't say anything to that. Anyway, you shouldn't care where they eat and all." She said folding her hands.

"He is your husband, Di." I mumbled and she immediately glared at me.

"He is not and he would have not if not for your stunt which I am still trying to find reasons for." She said frowning.

"Maybe the reason you talked near Nakul is the one that I wanted all his money because of which I did this." I said still feeling the pain remembering her words and she looked away.

"Where is James?" we heard a voice and I turned to see Nakul standing near to the house.

"Near the car." I replied and he nodded, but his jaw is twitching.

"He will be sure of that reason." Di said when we both were staring at his back as he is walking to the car where James is leaning on it.

"It doesn't matter anymore. I have seen little of him even while we both stayed at the same house. Now, it will be not even that little as today is my first day for a job." I said and turned back to see Di already staring at me.

"Why are you so lucky? Here I have to bear his sight all the time these both days and the same if we both are in this house." She said giving a disgust glance at the house and sighed.

I gave her a nod and started walking back to get ready, but glanced to the car at the same time to see Nakul sitting in the back seat to which James closed his eyes for a second before moving to the driver seat.