δυο

TITAN GODDESS OF the moon, Selene, is the daughter of the Titans Hyperion and Theia, and sister of the sun-god Helios, and Eos, goddess of the dawn. If you would relate it to the Olympian god, Apollo. Instead of driving a sun chariot, she drives her moon chariot across the heavens.

Selene clutched my crescent moon necklace that was given by her Father as a gift when she turned eighteen. Since then, this has been with her whenever they travel. It always holds a special story about her life.

When Selene was eleven, her Father told her a story about how much her Mother loved the Titan Goddess so much that she worships it twenty-four seven just like how her Father worships Apollo. Her parents thought that they wouldn't have any kids after Hector because no matter how hard they try, her mom won't get pregnant.

She wanted to have a daughter and so when she got pregnant, she never stopped praying. She was always sick when she was pregnant and Selene has almost died in her womb. Weakly, she offered prayers to the goddess and from there, Selene was born.

The meaning of Selene in Greek is Light. When Selene was born, the room illuminated as she opened her eyes and that's where she got her name. Selene's mother was very thankful and so she named her after the goddess. Many believed that through this miracle, the Titan Goddess has claimed Selene to be her Moon Child.

Selene sighed as she looked at the dark sky while clutching her crescent necklace. She was born for a reason and she knew that the reason was to fight for her country.

It was the next day when she reached home with Hector. Father and Paris, her younger brother greeted them warmly and acknowledged their success in preventing Troy to be invaded and in earning a new ally.

"Thank the gods, you two are safe!" Father said before kissing his daughter's cheek. Selene smiled fondly at her Father and hugged him again before turning to her little brother. He wasn't really little. He was in fact, taller than her but for Selene, it didn't matter. She was older than him by a year.

"Paris" She greeted with a smile. He leaned in to kiss her cheek and hugged her. Selene was fond of her little brother. As much as Paris hated it, she took care of him like a child. She hated seeing Paris hurt. Maybe it was because she was older than him but Paris had a soft spot in her heart.

"I missed you, sister. Perhaps we can continue with our sword lessons?" He said enthusiastically, his brown eyes wide making the older girl chuckle. With a smile on her face, she nodded before ruffling his very curly brown hair.

"Andromache!" Selene exclaimed as her sister in law walked in the room with her baby. She quickly approached the two, kissing her sister in law's cheek before turning to Scamandrius. "How's my little nephew?" She gushed with her baby voice while playing with his chubby hands making Hector laugh at her.

"You have the worse baby voice, Selene." He said making Father laugh. Selene frowned and watched him take his son who giggled when Hector bumped his nose with his. Smiling, Selene turned to her father and hugged him once more.

"I'm going to freshen up and rest. I'm very tired, Father." She informed and pulled away as she felt her body aching from their journey. Once Priam nodded at her, she skipped and kissed her baby nephew's forehead who giggled before heading to her room.

By the time she has arrived in her room, her handmaidens were already waiting for her by the bathroom. She took a long bath for her sore body which was prepared by her handmaidens. This is what she often does after a long day. It was her way to de-stress.

Selene changed into her everyday gown which was white at the top and lavender at the hem of the dress. Once sat in front of her vanity, one of her handmaidens took her brush and brushed her beautiful curly gray hair that reached her waist. Once she was done, she jumped into bed and slept till the sun came down.