Chapter 15

Y/N POV

"So... what now?" I raise my eyebrows at Pitch Black, now in some sort of dungeon thingy. 

"Any why would I tell you that? You're nothing more than bait."

I felt my eyes widen, and I jumped to my feet. "What?" He didn't answer, just backed to a shadow-covered wall.

"Goodbye, you annoying girl." He turned to the shadows.

"Wait, bait for who?" I say quickly, but not quick enough. He had already melted into the shadows.

Jack's POV

Flying through the city, the forest, the gardens, I found no trace of Y/N. I stopped at the park, the place where she would come when she needed to be inspired. Just as I turned and started to fly away, a portal formed above me, and four people tumbled out and landed on my back. Smooshed face-forward on the ground by North, Tooth, Bunny, and Sandy, North looked around.

"Where'd he go?" I hear North say, thought barely since my hood had covered my ears. 

"Uh... North..." Tooth whispers. 

"Not now. We've got to find Jack."

"But-"

"He's somewhere here. I can feel it - in my belly."

Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see Sandy gesturing frantically at me. I try to stretch my arm out enough to reach my staff. I finally grab it's hilt and stick it up into the air, hoping to catch North's attention. 

"North, look down." Tooth sighs. A few seconds later, North notices that he's standing on my back and steps off. Deeply exhaling, I push myself up off the ground, stretching my back. 

"Jeez, lay of the cookies, North." I grumble.

"I'm sorry! I can't help it!" 

Bunny suddenly bursts out laughing, and we all stop and look at him. "That was the best ten seconds of my life!" 

"You knew that I was there and didn't do anything to help?" 

"I wanted it to last as long as possible, mate!" 

"Jerk."

"Ice-brain!"

"What's that even supposed to mean?!"

"Guys, guys, guys, guys, calm down." Tooth flies in between us. "We should be talking about how we're going to help Y/N, not fighting."

My face fell, and North patted my shoulder. "She'll be fine."

"Y/N's with Pitch. No one's fine with Pitch, not even us. We could barely defeat him the first time, and now..."

"I know it's going to be hard, Jack. But we'll get through it. We always do." 

-- Time Skip --

"We have gotten nowhere." I grumble angrily to the other Guardians. 

"Patience, Jack." North reminded me, to no use.

"I should be out there, looking for her!"

"Jack... Pitch wouldn't keep her out in the open like that..." Tooth whispered, her wings dropping slightly. Sandy was trying to gain contact with the Man in the Moon, with no luck. He never responds, no matter what is happening. I don't get it. He's the one who wanted us to save her when Pitch had first gotten her. Does he just not care anymore?

Bunny was digging holes everyone, hoping to find Pitch's hideout. North had the yetis and elves stop working to try to locate Y/N. Tooth had every one of her fairies looking out for any clues, also. It had been hours, and we still had nothing. Everyone was nearly falling asleep. I decided to make coffee, and tea for Tooth. 

I walked into the kitchen, and started to brew the tea and pour the coffee. I started to remember my first morning here. Y/N had been startled, and somehow managed to get a pancake stuck to the ceiling. I remembered the first pancake she had cooked... man, they were amazing. A sad smile formed on my face, and I grabbed the sugar from above the stove. Turning back to the cups, I saw a note laid next to them. It wasn't there before...

Setting the sugar down, I picked up the note. Black sand tumbled out and fell aimlessly onto the floor. I knew it had to be from Pitch. I read it's dark, spiky letters. 

Jack,

Should you find this, know there a hope to have your precious Y/N back. Thought I can promise no physical pain has come to her, I cannot promise on the term of emotional pain. The longer any mere human is within my clutches the more fear seeps in. Jack, you have the chance to stop this now... for a price. There is always a price to pay.

If you wish to see your human girl once again, come to where darkness stains ice. You should know that you must come alone... If I find that the other Guardians have come with, you will still have Y/N, but I make no promises that she'll be breathing.

I'll be waiting...

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter! I had two ideas, but didn't know what to write in between them. The next few days may be a long wait for the next chapter, because I have to take exams earlier, and I have to study.