The Witch-hunt

Paviraa walked out of the Ethereal gate, followed by Omar and Mary

Paviraa walked out of the Ethereal gate, followed by Omar and Mary. They were outside the gates of the museum. Just like their fellow tourists they stood in the line and took tickets and went inside. The difference between Rishaan and them was that they had to patronize the organisation because it was the right thing to do. Rishaan just went inside with his Ethereal gate, perks of being a sinful being.

Once they were inside they split up and went looking for clues. Omar ended up in the canteen, Mary stood at the same display staring at a large horned animal mounted on the wall, while Paviraa was the only one who followed protocol and searched. They regrouped at the canteen as they had previously decided. Mary continued to look blankly at the sky as Omar sat on the table with a pile of junk food. Paviraa expected as much. She always had to pick up the slack during all the tedious work, and she did it here as well.

"Guys, I found the security room," Paviraa announced.

"And I found donuts for dirt cheap," Omar announced equally enthusiastically.

Mary took one donut, holding it with both her hands and began nibbling on it akin to a squirrel's nibbling.

Paviraa sat down at the table as well. She would have preferred to have a better team; or rather more focused a team. But she had to make do with the team she had as of now.

Paviraa gave up and took a donut and said, "Fine, now can we please discuss the mission."

"Sfure fee caa," Omar said with his mouth full of deep fried goodness. They could make out that he meant to say 'sure we can'. Mary simply nodded.

"So I found the security room. I just caught a glimpse of the place as I was passing by. Two men were sitting and looking at screens. All the CCTV feeds were displayed on screens," Paviraa said, "We can wait till the evening and check the security tapes when they leave."

Omar had another bite and said, while spitting half his food out, "It's a security room, there will be a night shift, so no point waiting till the evening."

"Hmm, your experience shows in missions. I wish your table manners would show as well. So what can we do?" Paviraa asked.

"You remember you told me, that day, about him, about Rishaan, we can do that," Mary said.

"Do what?" Paviraa asked.

"Well, you remember, we were in our room and you were telling me about the different things Rishaan did while trying to find you? You know, that time you told me. Umm that thing," Mary replied.

"Yes, Mary, but what thing," Paviraa asked trying to be patient.

Omar was listening in with a smile trying to curb his laughter. He tried to down a big glass of orange soda in one go.

Mary replied, "The second thing you told me that day."

Paviraa took a deep breath and said, "Mary, honey, listen, I don't remember what I told you that day. Can you remind me what I told you that day?"