Chapter 24: Leo and Jamie Save the Day

Karai smirked as the three mutants were slowly dying.

"Finally, after all this time. Put them with the others. I want to admire my trophies," Karai commanded.

She looked to see Casey, Mikey, and Raph hanging by chains and weakened from the poison. As the Foot were starting to hang Donnie up, Jamie and Leo started reciting the healing mantra.

"Rin. Pyo. Toh. Sha," they both chanted softly.

"The poison is slow. Within the hour, you will all perish. I don't even care about any of you. You're nothing more than a means to get to Splinter," Karai said, not paying attention to them.

"Rin. Pyo. Toh. Sha," Leo and Jamie continued.

"The rat will eventually come for you, and then I will have my revenge," Karai finished.

That's when Jamie and Leo beat the Foot bots that held them and stood to face Karai, groaning in the process.

"Beating the poison. Impressive," she smirked.

"Shredder used some kinda brain worm on you," Leo told her, holding his arm.

"Lies won't help you, Leo. I'll just have to finish you myself," Karai threatened.

"We're not lying, Karai. Shredder is the enemy. You're Hamato Yoshi's daughter, not Oroku Saki's," Jamie said, holding her side.

"Liar! You're only saying that because Shredder helped with the invasion and he took away your precious parents. Splinter took my mother away and now, I'll take away what's precious to him," Karai stated.

She charged at them as they fought best they could. It was getting intense when she started attacking them with her snake arms.

"Karai, you have to fight it," Leo said.

Karai kept fighting them, not listening to them. She managed to bite them: Leo in both arms and Jamie in her torso. As weak as they were getting, they knew they had to keep going.

Back at the lair, April groaned in pain as Splinter continued to try and heal her and Kirby watched in heartache as his daughter continued to suffer.

"April, the poison is still inside you. I can slow it down, but only you can defeat it," Splinter told her.

"What was I thinking? I'm calling the hospital," Kirby said, reaching for his phone.

"No. This venom has no cure. Only the mantras can save her now," Splinter replied.

April continued to moan in pain as Splinter prepared to chant once more.

Meanwhile, Leo and Jamie kept fighting Karai as they were still weakened by the poison.

"Still feeling the effects?" Karai asked.

They panted as they struggled to stand.

"You're both weak. And you're done for!" Karai smirked.

Both mutants stood up and began the mantra. Splinter did the same for April.

"Rin. Pyo. Toh. Sha. Mu. Ryo. Ju. Son. Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen. E, Zai, Nyu, Rai, Kak! Rin! Pyo! Mu! Ryo! Toh! Sha! Ju! Son! Rin! Mu! Pyo! Ryo! Toh! Son! Kai! Jin! Retsu! Zai! Zen!" all three of them chanted and they started to glow.

"What are you doing? What is this?" Karai asked, confused.

Splinter placed his hands on April's abdomen while Leo and Jamie placed theirs on their own chests. They were ready to keep fighting as Karai charged. She made her right snake arm go for Leo, but he dodged it and smacked it, sending Karai back a little.

"Rin!" both of them said.

Leo blocked another attack from her and Leo and Jamie locked arms then he swung her to kick Karai in the face.

"Pyo!" they continued.

Karai charged while yelling her battle cry.

"Toh!" they kept going, blocking a kick from Karai.

She breathed heavily as they caught her by the torso.

"Sha!" they yelled as they pushed Karai back with a lot of force.

Karai went flying back as she groaned.

Back at the lair, April woke up, completely cured.

"April! You did it, Splinter! Oh, thank you! Oh, my sweet baby girl," Kirby cheered then hugged his daughter.

Then Jamie and Leo released the others as they groaned softly in pain.

"You're coming with us, Karai," Leo said.

But when they both turned around, she was gone.

"Oh, Karai," Leo replied sadly.

Jamie put a hand on his shoulder then told him, "Don't worry, Leo. We'll get her back. Let's get the guys home."

He nodded and they brought them back to the lair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Yay! Leo and Jamie did it! Now, on to the next chapter.