Chapter 25: Assurance

Splinter, Kirby, and April watched as Jamie healed Raph and Casey while Leo healed Mikey and Donnie.

"Rin. Pyo. Toh," they said.

Their arms glowed, as did the others. Once done, they woke up, groaning. They sat up, holding their heads.

"Man, snake bite is worse than the worst," Casey commented.

"Snakebite's not that bad. I've been bit by giant wasps, mutant dogs, Dream Beavers, squirrels, squirrelanoids..." Mikey went on.

"Are you still talking?" Raph grumbled, making Jamie giggle and hug his neck.

He smirked as he returned her display of affection.

"It wasn't really snakes that almost took us out. It was Karai," April said.

"She's back under Shredder's control. He's the one responsible, not Karai," Donnie pointed out.

Leo walked out of the room and when Jamie noticed, she followed. Splinter also went to them as they were in the living room.

"You should be enjoying your victory. You both did a great thing tonight. You saved everyone," Splinter replied.

"Not everyone. We tried to get Karai out of Shredder's control," Leo said.

"We failed, Sensei. We're sorry," Jamie added sadly.

"We saved her once. Perhaps we can save her again. And now you two show great gifts as healers. Being at the edge of your lives gave you a power that few martial artists can tap. I am proud of you, my children," Splinter explained.

They both looked at him and smiled. Then Raph, Donnie, and Mikey came in.

"Um, Leo, Jamie. We just wanted to thank you for saving us," Donnie replied.

"Yeah. You kicked Foot bot butt, stopped the poison, got us out of there, and you both did it solo. None of us could've done that," Raph said.

Jamie smiled as she walked up to Raph and kissed him passionately. When they parted, they smiled at each other.

"I can't survive without you Raph, poison or not," she said, Raph caressing her cheek lovingly in reassurance.

"Maybe you're right. Maybe tonight was a win. But I couldn't have done it without Jamie. I've never met anyone with that much inner strength. Thanks, sis," Leo replied.

"No problem, bro," Jamie answered, hugging him.

They may not have gotten Karai back, but they will eventually.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Episode 18 done! I really liked writing this because it showed that Jamie not only has a great relationship with Raph, but also has a brother/sister bond with the other turtles.