9- Shopping

-Friendly reminder that Mason is a GIRL-

“I swear, you get cooler every day,” Mason tells me with a laugh.

“I didn’t know that I was cool,” I admit with a small smile.

“You’re totally cool,” Stella assures me with a nod. It’s Saturday and I feel the best I have in a long time. I have no sore muscles from practice or sleep deprivation because I slept in this morning. I have a full 48 hours to do whatever I want. Even at home, I didn’t have that kind of freedom.

We’re spending the Saturday afternoon shopping in Los Angeles. Stella has a car, so she drove us over to LA which isn’t very far at all from Oxnard. She insists that they have better shopping in LA, and I have no reason to doubt her. I’m sure everything is more expensive here too, but all I need is a bikini, so I don’t complain.

“Well thanks for that,” I giggle, moving through the clothing racks in the Forever 21 shop we were in.

“Can I buy you an outfit?” Stella asks me excitedly.

“No,” I shake my head at her. “I don’t want you to spend money on me or anything. I have money.”

“Sienna, I don’t want to sound braggy or conceded, but I’m loaded. I have more money than I know what to do with so please let me buy you something? Do you wear dresses?”

“I mean…” I trail off. I don’t wear dresses, but that’s just one of his rules. I never was allowed to wear them or he’d- “I don’t. But I’m open to wearing one, I guess.” I cut my own thoughts off before I get flash backs and my day of peace is ruined by him. I won’t let that happen.

“Yay!” She squeals, running towards the dress section. “Come, we need to find out what your size is.”

I leave the swim suit rack I’m at and follow her through the store with Mason, laughing as we go.

“Do you have a preference?” Stella asks me. “I mean, you seem to like black and combat boots, so a black dress?”

I look down at my outfit- the same combat boots I’ve been wearing, light blue skinny jeans, and a black t-shirt with the phases of the moon on it. “I wear these boots because they’re the only shoes I have,” I tell her with a shrug. I mean, I do like them but they’re not the only things that I wear. “And I can wear things that aren’t black. You choose whatever you want as long as it’s not skimpy.”

“You’re giving her too much power,” Mason whispers to me with a giddy laugh. “She’s going to explode.”

“Oh,” I mutter. “That’ll be interesting, I guess.”

“We’re going to go find swim suits, Stell, don’t do anything illegal,” Mason calls to Stella, who is now frantically thrashing around through everything in the dress department.

“She really likes shopping,” I observe, returning to the bikini rack that I was going through before.

“Yeah,” Mason agrees. “She and Anthony’s parents have always been really distant. Anthony copes with it by being a total dick head and Stella shops.”

“I’m glad that Stella isn’t a total dick head too,” I say. “It’d be harder to be friends with her.”

“That’s very true,” She nods at me.

Once we leave Forever 21, we all have new bikinis, even though they didn’t need to buy new ones, they did anyway. Stella bought five dresses because apparently, we’re the same size and when she found that out, she looked like she was more excited than any one person should be able to handle. Anyway, she bought five dresses and informed me that we can share them until the end of the summer and then I can take them with me. Before I leave, I’ll make sure not to take them with me though, because I won’t be able to wear them unless I successfully get out of that house with my mom and Jo.