Chapter 36: Why Are We Here?

The turtles and Jamie sat around a fire as they ate berries they scavenged. Jamie cuddled up to Raph as he wrapped his arm around her to keep her warm. Mikey groaned as he continued to eat the berries.

"Ugh. We haven't had any real food in days. A turtle can't live on berries alone, guys. I'm feeling weak," Mikey remarked dramatically.

Raph groaned and complained, "Is Renet ever gonna find us and bring us home? Seriously. I hate time travel."

"I've been giving it some thought. Kinda seems like more than just coincidence we're here, right?" Leo asked.

"Well, the odds we're in this exact time and place by sheer accident is like 879 quintillion to 1. But if we're here for a reason, what is it?" Donnie wondered.

"I don't know. I'm still trying to process the fact that we're here at all. It's difficult to see my parents alive and not able to reunite with them," Jamie said sadly.

"I know it's hard Jamie, but remember, I'm here for you. We all are," Raph assured.

She looked at all of them who smiled in reassurance. She returned it as she let her head rest in the crook of Raph's neck.

"Thanks guys. And I know I've said this to Raph, but I love you guys," she told them.

"We love you too," Leo smiled.

"Just in a sisterly way," Donnie added.

"Except for Raph, who has been all lovey-dovey for you since day one," Mikey continued.

Raph let out a soft growl at Mikey until he heard Jamie giggle.

"Thanks. And I know," she said then kissed Raph's cheek, making him blush.

"But we still have to figure out why we're here," Leo responded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Jamie may have seen her old family, but she still has the turtles as a family.