Chapter Fifty-six

They were all in the car but I didn't want to talk to Xavier.

Not after that.

I know I'm taking my anger out on him but I didn't know what else to do.

Knowing this will end bad I walked the opposite way, walking on the pathway to somewhere. I didn't know where I was going but I needed to be somewhere else. Away from them.

A car started driving next to me at the same pace as me.

I didn't bother looking, I already know who it is.

"Get in the car Avery" Xavier warned me.

I glanced at him not giving him another minute of my time.

"I don't want to be anywhere near you right now" I told him truthfully, meaning every single word.

He seemed conflicted by this. "Fine, I'll take you somewhere and then I'll drop off the face of the earth, just get in and I'll take you back home"

I felt broken.

As far as I know there is no place for me.

"I don't have a home!" I yelled back.

My home is currently filled with two dead people.

He didn't know what to say to that because he knew that was the truth. "Just get in the car" he replied.

"Are we really gonna do this?" I heard Richard ask in the back of the car.

I wanted Xavier to leave. I needed him to leave because I didn't want him to see me truly break.

I stopped walking facing Xavier who stopped the car.

"What Damien said back there, was he right. Were you going to kill him?" I asked in a vulnerable voice.

He hesitated telling me but I needed to know the truth. I deserved the truth.

He stared straight back into my eyes "Yes"

He didn't regret thinking that either.

I shook my head disappointing at him "He was your brother" I said in an pain stricken tone.

I know they weren't brothers but even they admitted that they were. Not through blood but through their friendship.

"He was not my brother. He betrayed us. And what I said back there, he deserved it all and I don't regret thinking or saying that" He stated in a harsh tone.

I flinched from his harsh tone.

"He didn't deserve that. He was dying!" I tried reasoning yet from the look on his face I know he isn't listening.

"He killed your mother and your still trying to find the good in him" Xavier tried figuring me out.

A different kind of rage exploded out from me. "That's what I do Xavier. I look for the good in people and sue me for doing that" I yelled out angrily.

What he said next shocked me. 

To the point that I didn't even want to look at him anymore.

If he's trying to break me it's working because with every word Xavier is saying, I'm being brought closer to the edge.

"Your mother would be so disappointed in you for defending him" He replied in a cruel tone.

How dare he say that.

I nodded laughing bitterly . "Using my own dead mother against me"

I ran my hand through my hair trying to get a hold of any stable emotion in me because I felt like I was dying. Not physically but emotionally.