Chapter 13 - Falling

Theo POV

"Fuck!" I scream out at no one in particular. "Fuck! What the fuck was I thinking?!"

You weren't thinking. Ivar growls his disappointment. 

I know! I let everything go and look what happened! I fucken chased her away. I pushed her too far! 

I scream out my frustrations, hitting myself in the head over and over again. My wolf blocks me off, leaving me alone to do my little tantrum. 

I didn't mean for that to happen. I am not even sure I wanted that happen. It just happened. And now the only girl that I have ever cared about since my mate has left me. I fucken scared her away. How the hell can I fix this?

"Fuck, Theo. You need to get back here like five minutes ago. Colton called. He is on his way home. He is only twenty minutes away from the pack house." Larson's voice rings in my head. 

"You're fucken kidding me? You have to be shitting me right now?" 

"No, I am not kidding man. Get back here now!" He growls at me. 

"I can't man! I fucken lost her."

"What?!" He roars. "What do you mean you lost her?"

"Something happened, she panicked and took off running towards the pack house."

"And you didn't think to follow her?"

"No, you fucken idiot. Something happened and I was a little flabbergasted. Fuck." 

"I am going to forget for a second that you used that ridiculous word again. You need to start heading back and hope to Goddess that you find her or she beats you here. Colton will fucken lose it if she isn't here when he gets back. You know this." He orders. 

"I know. I fucked up. I am heading back now." I state before shifting into the woods, running after her scent. 

"What the fuck happened anyways?"

I growl. "We will discuss this later." Then I cut him off and continue my search for Skylar. I hope I find her before Colton does. 

Mind-link her you fucken imbecile. My wolf snarls. 

Asshole.

"Skylar, please answer. It's important." I try, but I can feel her walls are up and strong. I try knocking on them, but they won't even crack. She has strong defenses. 

It's useless. 

You have to keep trying until we either find her, we get word of her reaching the house or she answers. My wolf affirms. 

I know. 

So for the rest of the run, I follow her scent and mind-link her. I don't slow down until I reach the pack house, where her scent seemingly stops. I quickly shift back and jog into the house completely nude, not caring who sees me. I just need to find her and make sure she is okay. 

"Skylar?" I yell.

"Don't worry man, she just came in. She is upstairs showering now. She reeks of you. You should go clean up too, he should be here any minute. It would be a massacre if he smelt you on her. Especially in that way." Larson says with a frown. He looks disappointed in me, but he is one to talk. 

I nod at him before running up the stairs to my room to shower. I can't believe what happened. It was so unexpected and completely wrong, but it felt so fucken perfect. I swear I haven't felt anything like that since Kiara. That kiss was everything. She is everything. Skylar is the perfect she-wolf. She is kind, understanding, witty and strong. She is absolutely stunning with her brown hair and hazel eyes that turn slightly purple when her wolf is present. Ugh, I am whipped. 

And that is when I realized - I am falling for my brother's mate. 

Skylar POV

"What the fuck did I do?" I mumble to myself as the warm water of the shower falls down my body.

You kissed him. My wolf deadpans. 

No shit, Sherlock. I retort. 

Who is Sherlock? She asks sarcastically. 

I don't have time for this. I growl before pushing her into her cage. 

Why did I do that? I have a fucken mate. A fucken monster for a mate, to be precise. He will kill Theo without even a second thought. Hell, he might kill me too. I can't believe I put Theo at risk like that. Why would I do that?

Why do I even trust Theo? He could be doing all this to set me up. I mean, he took that whip on that day without hesitation. He hunted me down on that day with the others. He has been there for my hurt and hasn't once helped me out. How can I trust this man so easily? I should be treating him like the others. I should be terrified of him like I am with all the other males in this pack, but no. Something in him speaks to me. Something in him calms me like no other. Something in him makes me want to stay in this hellhole just so I can see him another day. 

Plus, that kiss. That kiss was amazing. It was everything I dreamed about when I thought of my mate. I pictured that kiss. That perfect, full of every amazing emotion, kiss. I don't ever want to forget his lips on mine.

But, I have to. I can't do this again. I can't risk him getting hurt because of me. I can't risk him losing his life because of me. There are so many reasons why I need to stop this. I just need to end our little friendship before things get out of hand. 

So It is final. I will keep Theo at a distance. I will push him away and ignore him if I have to. I have to do this. Because it doesn't matter if I am falling for him, I will do this to protect him. 

I have to.