13| I Love You Uzair

I L O V E Y O U U Z A I R

W O R D C O U N T: 2016

Happy reading

"This boy has lost his mind now

"This boy has lost his mind now." I just kept my mouth shut and secured as Bibijaan continued to talk. I was too shocked and whammy to say a word honestly. Even my aunt had never done this to me. I didn't weep anymore. My tears had literally dried and parched by now.

"I don't even want to think about what could have happened if I hadn't come." Apparently, I was sitting in Bibijaan's room. She and Maliha shared this room.

"Look at that, she is now having a bruise around her neck. How can he do that?" Bibijaan was shaking her head vigorously as if trying to calm and compose herself.

I was trying to act all calm but the moment her hands pressed against my neck while applying the embrocation, all my strong and brawny demeanor flew out of the window and I began to grizzle like a baby.

"Bibijaan it stings a lot. It's paining." I said in between my sobs. Maliha tried to soothe the pain by caressing my shoulder.

"I know habibti. Just a little
more and we will be done." Bibijaan explained to me like she would to a 4 year old.

I squeezed Maliha's hand as the pain and soreness kept on intensifying.

"I don't understand why would he do that. He knows you weren't aware of it." Maliha spoke as if she finally came up with a conclusion.

"What am I not aware of?" I catechise. What is she talking about?

"You don't know about Bashar Uncle. He passed away." My hands immediately covered my mouth as this little piece of information shocked and traumatized me.

"How? When? I mean why didn't anybody tell me? But I had just seen him a couple of weeks back. He was fine." Tears soon pool around my eyes. I looked demented as Maliha facepalmed herself.

"I am not talking about Farhan Uncle. Bashar uncle passed away a few years back. It was a car accident. Humza bhai was 17 back then. He had just learnt driving and he was the one driving that day. He still blames himself for his death." Maliha further explained and to say that I was shocked would be an understatement now.

"He wasn't like this before. He was such a sweet little boy back then. He changed after his mother's second marriage. He wasn't ready for it. He has never accepted Farhan Bhai as his father. For all we know he despises him the most. Nobody talks about his father in front of the boy." I could feel a little bad for him but no way on earth did I deserve the brutal treatment just because I had taken his father's name. I remembered his father's name from the time of wedding, offcourse I didn't pay heed to it when the qazi had mentioned 'late' before his name.