Thirty-Four

It had been almost been a full week since Harry and Ava saw each other last. The wet and cold weather of the winter season had finally flown past. The March spring air had grown increasingly warmer. The average spring showers would downpour here and there, but the sunshine overpowered it most of the days. 

It was a blissful Saturday morning. The birds were chirping. The wind was tame and the heat of the sun's rays laid as a blanket on Ava's sleeping face. She was sprawled out on her couch. The remnants of last nights activities were spread out across her living room table. Harry's sleek laptop was perched on the edge of the couch, but far enough into the couch so that it cannot be pushed over the edge. Pizza boxes and used coffee mugs are piled on the small coffee table. Unused paper, scraps of paper, highlighters and open library books cover the floor. 

Her head is buried underneath a mountain of throw pillows, her right arm tucked underneath her head while her left arm hangs off of the sofa. Her legs are tucked under a blanket that some how managed to cover her body. She had stayed up most of the night doing research for her second-to-last paper. 

A loud siren is heard from outside and it startles Ava out of her sleep. She jumps up and falls off of the couch, bringing her throw pillows with her. "Yuck," a string of drool is hanging from her mouth. "Well that's disgusting." 

Sitting on the floor, she looks at the mess surrounding her. She looks for her phone underneath the sea of papers and books. Hidden underneath a textbook titled "Journalism for Dummies" is her scratched up phone. "There you are." 

There had been three text messages from Harry. A smile creeps up to the surface as she reads the  words that he sent her: I'm sitting beside this lady at the doctors who is spitting inside a cup. It's disgusting. 

I'm pretty sure she is drinking it after she spits. 

You're pretty. xx

Her cheeks blush at his last text. She looked at the time; it was already noon. Where had her morning gone? Her body ached from her previous sleep. The couch may have looked comfortable, but in reality it was not. She had grown a large amount of respect for the countless times Jacey had crashed there after a night out. Granted, a few shots of tequila in your system and anything will feel like a California king bed. 

The muscles in her back ached as she stretched her arms up. She moved from side to side hearing the oxygen bubbles crack. Her neck felt stiff and her arms tingled. A hot shower seemed like the perfect solution. 

Stepping inside the steam filled room, the hot water poured down Ava's back. She stood there letting the heat penetrate down her spine. Her muscles began to relax. She grabbed her bottle of shampoo and let the aroma of vanilla fill her senses. She instantly relaxed. 

As she scrubbed the events of last nights studying away, her mind drifted away. She was brought back to a certain curly haired man who had taken over all of her thoughts the past six months. His vibrant green eyes and perfect curls occupied her every thought. She got chills thinking about the way he said her name during their highest moments. His low raspy voice when he would speak sweet nothings in her ear. The way his back muscles would clench when she would wrap her tiny arms around him. 

She was in love. 

She was in love with everything that he was and who he was. 

He had been a mystery to her from the start. Yet an undeniable pull brought them together constantly. She couldn't stop herself from falling for him even if she tried. She thought about that day when she met Rose at the cafe. Who would have thought that would be the same day she would meet Harry. It felt like years ago since their first encounter.