chapter 19

"Good morning," Camila croaked.

Lauren smiled seeing her messy haired girlfriend still in bed via FaceTime. She could see Camila's favorite pillow in the back and she wished she could be there with her, but in a few hours she'd be across the country in LA.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Rather odd," Camila responded. "I kept waking up because the bed felt empty and it didn't feel right- you not being here. I guess I'm still not used of you not being around."

"Don't worry. It will only be for a few weeks. I'll fly back home after these tour dates and I can spend another month in bed with you," Lauren reassured.

Camila sighed, "I know. I guess I just got too used of us being isolated from the world. I liked it because I had you all to myself."

Lauren could admit, so had she. In the past few weeks, she had been given the pleasure of being alongside Camila. In the mornings, evenings, and nights. They even went on dates- the memories which would keep her sane along the time they'd be apart. Even though she was the happiest and she loved being shut out of the world with Camila, she knew it wasn't reality.

They both had to get back to work on their endeavors. Lauren couldn't miss those tour dates and Camila had to stop ignoring the calls from the studio and get back to recording.

"I wish it didn't have to be this hard to stay apart."

"Shh." Lauren quieted her. "We're going to take it day by day, time will fly by in no time before we see each other again."

Camila tried not to frown. She hadn't seen Lauren in 3 days and today she was flying out. Mind you, she was still in Miami, but Lauren decided to spend the last 3 days with her family since she had been with her the entire time.

"What time is the flight again?"

"My boarding is at 7:15 am."

Camila looked at the time over Lauren's face on her phone. It read 4:23. She felt her lips begin to form a smile.

"What are you up to Camila?" Lauren asked suspiciously seeing the attitude change in the brunettes face.

"I'm just thinking how fortunate I will be to be sleeping in bed while you have to go through the fuss of checking in at the airport."

Lauren laughed loudly, making Camila smile proudly. In a hurry, she lowered the volume on her phone as to not wake anyone in her household. After Lauren stopped laughing, she looked intently into the screen at Camila's reflection. Her green eyes suddenly turned a little unhappy.

"Will you miss me?" Lauren asked softly.

"Always."

Lauren bit her lip feeling saddened and nodded her head. "Me too," She replied.

After they spoke for a little while longer, Lauren suddenly gasped looking at the time. She still had her suitcase sprawled on her bed and she had to be leaving in less than 30 minutes. She said her goodbye to Camila, who looked glum at her deparcher and got to packing.

As she arrived at the airport, checked in her items, she turned to say goodbye to her family. They had done this countless times, but each time seemed harder than the time before. Her mom sniffed a few tears and her father turned red as they said goodbye. Lauren stood, watching them leave until their heads turned into little dots and disappeared.