30. Hospital.

I pulled Cat back so I could look her in the face, “Your mother did this?” I asked my voice high with shock, Cat looked down at her feet and nodded shamefully, I pulled her back into a hug, and I heard the boys coming down the hall. I knew Liam would flip out if he saw her in this condition without warning. 

“Lou hold her while I go and warn they boys.” I said quickly. Lou nodded and took Cat, sitting her back down next to her, Cat cowering into her. I sprinted out of the room and right into Harry, I fell back landing hard on my butt. 

“Ouch!” Me and Harry yelled in unison, 

“Wheres the fire?” Liam asked as Niall helped me off the floor. I held my hands up blocking their path, 

“Look, something has come up, Catori’s here and...” 

“Catori’s here?” Liam interrupted me I nodded and continued, 

“Yes she’s here but she’s been hurt pretty badly, she’s fine but I don’t need you guys making a big fuss okay. I don't think that all of you should go in right now just maybe one, or two.” I said remembering how Catori had cowered against Lou. All of the guys gasped and Liam had his fists clenched in anger. 

“How, who?” He asked, I shook my head. 

“Right now is not the time, right now we need to make sure that she is okay.” I said patting Liam’s shoulder trying to comfort him. He nodded in agreement and relaxed his hands, 

“Can I go in and see her?” He asked, I nodded, a half smile on my face. He sprinted into the room and I sighed, I turned to Niall who was being quiet and standing at the back of the group. 

“Niall come with me.” I said quietly, holding out my hand, he took it and we walked into the room. Liam was on his knees in front of Cat who was leaned forwards in her chair crying into his shoulder. He had his arms wrapped around her and was softly rubbing her back. After a minute I realized she was whispering to Liam what had happened, he nodded his head and pulled back a little to kiss her cheek lightly. Paul came in and two paramedics walked in behind him with a stretcher type thing.

“Son your going to have to move,” One of them said tapping Liam on the shoulder. Liam looked up and I saw the tears on his cheeks. He nodded and stood, Catori clung to him but he whispered something in her ear and she nodded sadly and let go. He walked over to us and Niall gave him a hug. 

“I’m so sorry, Li,” He said, Liam nodded into Niall’s shoulder, 

“This is all my fault,” Liam said his voice husky. 

“Liam, you can’t blame yourself for what happened, this is nowhere near your fault.” I said softly. Liam let go of Niall and stepped back, 

“Oh yes it is, I made her late by making her stay with me in the truck a little longer because I didn’t want her to leave, and now her crazy, drunk Mother has beaten the crap out of her, explain to me now how that is not my fault.” Liam said more tears emerging. I stood their with my mouth open, Niall was frowning like he was trying not to cry himself. The paramedics had checked Catori out making sure she didn’t have anything broken, and put her on the stretcher. She was crying, a scared look in her eyes. 

“Liam!” She pleaded as they started carrying her out of the room. Liam ran over to her and held her hand, whispering to her. Paul went with them and Lou went out to tell the boys what had happened. I looked down at my shoes feeling terrible for Liam and Catori. They just met and now Catori is hurt while Liam has obvious feelings for her. I turned into Niall’s chest and wrapped my arms around him, tears slipping out of my eyes, Niall hugged me back burrowing his face between my shoulder and neck. We stood there until Paul came back five minutes later, Niall and I looked up. 

“Is she going to be okay?” Niall asked, Paul nodded, 

“Yes, they're taking her to the Hospital just as a precaution. They suspect other than a couple of bruises she will be fine and will be released later this afternoon.” He said. Niall and I gave a sigh of relief and hugged each other again.

“Did Liam go with her?” Niall asked Paul. Paul nodded 'yes' again and ran a hand over his head. 

“Yeah. He was pretty upset.” Paul told us, we nodded 

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Have they met before last night?" Paul asked, 

"No. I don't think so." I said. Paul nodded and left the room, the rest of the boys walked in. Each looking stony faced and sad. They walked over to us and gave us a big group hug. 

“What do we do now?” Harry asked as we all stepped back. Niall still had an arm around my waist, but I felt secure.  

“Lets go and see them at the Hospital!” Zayn said, we all nodded the mood of sadness leaving us. We all ran over to Paul, 

“Paul can you drive us to the Hospital?” Harry asked. Paul nodded, 

"Yeah, I'll take you." He said, patting his pants pockets for his keys. We left, running down the hallways like little kids. The fans and Paparazzi where still outside the building so we had to wait for Paul who took his time. After we where all escorted to the van Paul got in and started it up and drove to the Hospital Cat had been taken to. We all jumped out and ran inside and up to the front desk, 

“We need to know what room our friend is in.” Louis said to the lady behind the counter, 

"Name?" she asked, her voice bored, turning to the computer.

"Catori."

“Last name please.” She said like it was obvious. Harry, Louis and Zayn all looked at me and Niall, we looked at each other and shrugged. 

“We don’t know,” Niall said the lady sighed and looked up at us over her screen. 

“I’m sorry but without a last name I won't be able to find her room.” She said, we all sighed and turned away. Harry pointed down the hallway.