The Psychosomatic Effects Of Fear

The human being is psychosomatic by nature – what that means is that our health is deeply influenced by our behavior, thoughts, emotions and socialrelationships. Therefore, in order to experience good health, we should care for our life style, our mental, sentimental, emotional and relational world, as well as our communication. Fear is bad for our health. It manifests itself in the form of anger and promotescoronary diseases. Fear suppressed for a long time ends up producing diseasessuch as cancer. Apart from cancer and heart attacks, there are other illnesses brought on by fear: addictions, anxiety, arthritis, asthma, irritability, nervous breakdowns, memory loss, gastritis, back pains, baldness, diarrhea, sciatica, crying attacks, alcoholism, constipation,hypertension, cystitis (bladder inflammation), vomiting, palpitations, digestive disorders, ulcers and migraines.When we get old, our neurons do not die, but rather the connections betweenthem disappear, that is what recent scientific research suggests. The neuronal connections or synapses keepus lively and young.

When we have pleasant experiences, such as during meditation or when we are on a holiday or are surrounded by friends or while working in a team, some examples of activities in which we feel happy, the neuronal connections are more fluid. However, the lights go out when we feelfear. It is an emotion that is capable of slowing down and blocking the electrical impulses between the neurons. With fear we are less creative and we get older more quickly. If we do not want to suffer illnesses (or want ourillnesses to get worse) we should learn to manage and overcome fear.

Understanding Fear

Everyone, when they are young, knows what their destiny is. At that point in theirlives, everything is clear and everything is possible. They are not afraid to dream,and to wish for everything they would like to see happen to them in their lives. But, as time passes, a mysterious force begins to convince them that it will be impossible for them to realize their destiny... There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.

Fear is an energy that puts a brake on you and prevents you from doing what you want and aiming where you want to go. It blocks you in the communication and expression of what you want to say. Fear makes you hide, suppress and not express the most attractive; the most beautiful part of your inner self.

Fear has an influence on our capacity to reason, discriminate and take decisions. It makes us doubt, it makes us indecisive even in the simplest decisionsof our lives. Fear does not allow your energy to flow, and that weakens your state of well being and general health. Fear locks you into yourself and makes you become indecisive. It is a shadow over your inner self that prevents you from acting with ease and fluidity. It reduces your capacity of expression, of being yourself, of dealing with life and flowing in it.