Chapter 20

Your eyes slowly fluttered open to a white ceiling. Your body felt so weak you couldn't lift a finger.

You struggled to open your mouth but somehow managed to and speak, "Yoongi...." were the words that escaped your lips when you saw a shadow at the corner of your eye.

"Nope, its Jin." Jin pulled out a chair and sat next to you.

You weakly turned your head and saw Jin with a instant cup of coffee in his hand, "Where's Yoongi?" You asked.

Jin sighed, "He well, he's in the ER right now."

You gasped, "W-why?"

Jin took your hand in his, "Yoongi got shot in his leg and he bled a lot." Jin gave your hand a tight, assuring squeeze. "He's fine but he may need a couple of days to recover and stay in the hospital."

"Wait... did they find out he's a-" you suddenly remembered Yoongi was a crime and was wanted. Your heart began beating faster and faster at the thought of Yoongi getting locked up.

"No," Jin smiled, "My friend is a doctor and I asked him to keep it a secret, and he agreed to shut up about it."

You nodded and let go of Jin's hand, "It's my fault." You mumbled under your breath.

"Hm?"

"I-it's my fault." You said a bit louder as a tear ran down your cheek, "He wouldn't have gotten injured if I hadn't gone to meet that person."

Jin patted your head and wiped away your tears, "It's not your fault the man had a gun, it's not your fault Yoongi chose to save you, and it's not your fault he got injured while doing so."

You took a deep breath to calm down, "When do I get discharged?"

"Tomorrow." Jin added, "You collapsed due to shock, they wanted to keep you here for another day to run some test."

You nodded and slowly sat up, "Can you pass me a cup of water?"

Jin passed you the paper cup and filled it with water, "Thanks." You took a sip and felt the cold liquid run down your lip.

"Jin," you looked down at your lap, "Thank you." You looked at him and gave him a slight smile.

"I'm just helping out a friend." Jin patted your head, "Ah, I'm going to check the cafeteria." Jin left the room.

You sighed and looked out of the window. It was raining, the clouds were gray, and the wind blew north. The sudden memory of the knife being held up against your neck made you tremble with fear. You told yourself you weren't scared cause you needed comfort, but deep down you knew that you were terrified, terrified of dying.

Just imaging the gun being shot into Yoongi's leg as he screamed in horror made you weak at the stomach. The young boys face splattered with blood as his eyes screamed shock when he realized what he had done. Those thoughts truly scared you.

You just hoped Yoongi was okay and he'll forgive you for the mistake you had made.

----
A/N: I fell in a supermarket today... I'm truly a failure 😂😂